Thread: Week 284: 3-Two-1

Week 284: 3-Two-1

Week 284: 3-Two-1

Results may be posted until October 1st, 2018.

Designed by: Todd Louis Green
    Range: 3-7 yards
    Target: special, download here: http://pistol-training.com/wp-conten...03/3-two-1.pdf
    Start position: Holstered
    Rounds fired: 30

3-Two-1 is a close range drill focusing on speed and precision as well as the ability to change gears seamlessly. It uses a 3×5″ rectangle, a 2″ circle, and 1″ square.

Using a shot timer, give yourself a four second PAR time. On the buzzer, draw and fire six rounds as follows:

- three rounds at the 3×5 rectangle
    - two rounds at the 2″ circle
    - one round at the 1″ square

Repeat the drill for a total of five runs. This should give you:

- fifteen hits in the 3×5 rectangle
    - ten hits in the 2″ circle
    - five hits in the 1″ square

For an added challenge, you can begin a string on a different shape. Note that the PAR time becomes more constraining when you have to draw to a smaller target. You can also change the orientation of the target from practice session to practice session so you don’t just build “muscle memory” moving in one direction.

Range can be anywhere from three to seven yards depending on shooter skill level. Start at a distance where you can hit all three of the targets when there is no time limit, and then push yourself to meet the PAR time. Record your results for each target (rectangle, circle, square) and work until you are getting good hits within the PAR time. Then increase the distance.

Please report the following when you post your results in this thread:

Gun and holster used
    Number of hits in the 3x5
    Number of hits in the 2" circle
    Number of hits in the 1" square
    Total number of hits under par
    Anything you noticed

Training with firearms is an inherently dangerous activity. Be sure to follow all safety protocols when using firearms or practicing these drills. These drills are provided for information purposes only. Use at your own risk.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Gun and holster used:
    G19-5 in a DSG Orion concealed AIWB under a closed front button up shirt. I shot this at 3 yards.
    Number of hits in the 3x5:
    15/15
    Number of hits in the 2" circle:
    9/10
    Number of hits in the 1" square:
    4/5
    Total number of hits under par:
    28 hits under par
    Anything you noticed:
    I thought the par time would be kind of tight so I shot this at the minimum 3y. I shot four runs of 3x5, circle, square and one run of square, circle, 3x5. My times were 3.49, 3.84 (missed the circle once), 3.80, 3.75 (missed the square) and 3.66. I’ll try this at 4y next time to see how it goes. At my current skill level I’ll likely do worse than the 3y run but it shouldn’t be too embarrassing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List