Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Care Packages for Guy Deployed to Afghanistan?

Note: Hard candies should be individually wrapped.

A ziplock bag filled with one giant peppermint was not a hit at Ft Irwin...

(It wasn't mine. I learned better on Outward Bound.)
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Site Supporter
    We had guys that got a regular shipment of dip from home - like clockwork.

Site Supporter
    Cough drops, tea bags, Lubriderm lotion(skin lubricant), loose pipe tobacco for rolling cigarettes, pipe smoking, chewing, or trading; cigarette papers, antibiotic ointment, Preparation H for tender bums like from persistent diarrhea, eyeglass repair kit, extra pair of sunglasses, Zip-loc bags, extra bath cloths, sun screen lotion, pipe cleaners, Q tips, twine, spool of fishing line, duct tape, Scotch tape, bull dog clips, paper clips, legal pads, brand name anti fungal creme, fingernail and toenail clippers, tampons for trading, note cards, styptic pencil for shaving cuts, combs, small sealed tube of graphite, cortizone itch creme, Visine eye drops, antacid tablets, finernail file, bubble gum, Tic Tacs,
    Ife saver mints, other mints, dental floss, & finger nail polish remover(acetone).

Im not gonna lie, most of us don't really need shit when we deploy now. Personal gifts are cool. Consumables we have. Free tobacco is....well...... free tobacco.... honestly a lot of the shit that get's sent overseas just get's thrown away. Not that we are not appreciative, but it is not 2001 anymore... contact him and ask what he needs. It might take you a little more time to get it to him but it will actually be something he needs or could use...

No. More. Beef. Jerky.

I had a hard time getting an extra pair of laces for my boots, that may be something handy.

Magazines, lollipops, gum.

2TB hard drive with all the movies and shows downloaded. Or just the hard drive so he can an upload them from others.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    I took a few hundred feet of 550 cord for boot laces. Electrical tape, duct tape, zip ties. Etc If he is at a JSS or smaller carpenter hand tools are useful. A hammer, saw, drywall or deck screws, tape measure, square. Small level. My company brought some electric tools. The platoon leaders killed the circular saw in the first week by plugging it into the wall without a converter. I built a lot of beds, shelves and tables. Don’t forget a electrical tester and plumbing tools. You won’t have a real toilet but running water and a shower is nice
    Last edited by Poconnor; 09-03-2018 at 11:26 AM.

Stuff I wanted when I was deployed:

Good instant coffee, cold brew etc
    Different weird hot sauces
    Books and magazines
    Dried fruit and jerky
    Instant oatmeal

User Tag List