Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sight tracking drill

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG;55578
    [LIST
    [*]3x5 card and 8" circle at 7yd[*]from concealment[*]draw and fire 3 to one target zone (card or circle)[*]draw and fire 3 to other target zone[*]repeat[/LIST]
    That's what I'm doing except for 5 shots per.
    I think my grip is breaking down slightly (or crap from the start) which starts giving me that inconsistent wobbly sight track, so the added shots tend to magnify that issue.
    I really saw that yesterday at the range, I was trying to get a fast draw on the 99 (shave off that last .25 second) and ended up with a sucky grip which made for slow misses.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    That's what I'm doing except for 5 shots per.
    Yeah... I'll actually read before posting next time. 100 demerits for me.

YVK: It's not at all uncommon to see folks have lower performance of specific tasks during a complex/synthesis type drill. Most folks get their best draw speed during draw practice, not during stages at a match. The F.A.S.T. is also a test rather than a practice drill, and as such pushing hard affects your score as opposed to just a blown rep during practice. Screwing up one reload during fifty 1-R-2 iterations isn't the same as screwing it up during your F.A.S.T.

User Tag List