Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: I Love the 80s

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Unless you run into Madonna or Cyndi Lauper, this is probably the most 80s thing you will see today:
    Nah, this has to be it:

Name:  20200630_201103.jpg
Views: 621
Size:  92.0 KB

Atari aesthetic meets the Cadillac instrument cluster...

Quote Originally Posted by Half Moon View Post
    Nah, this has to be it:

Name:  20200630_201103.jpg
Views: 621
Size:  92.0 KB

Atari aesthetic meets the Cadillac instrument cluster...
    Man, I’ve seen that interior before... Cadillac Allante?

Man, I’ve seen that interior before... Cadillac Allante?
    Damn, you're good! I wasn't expecting anyone to know that dash. Definitely an Allante... or to quote Kelli Bundy and stay in the '80's theme: "the neeew Allante". Liked ours for all its limitations, which were many (bought our 1990 at many years old for $6K) They claim Cadillac finally got them right in '93. The year they killed them...

Damn, you're good! I wasn't expecting anyone to know that dash. Definitely an Allante... or to quote Kelli Bundy and stay in the '80's theme: "the neeew Allante". Liked ours for all its limitations, which were many (bought our 1990 at many years old for $6K) They claim Cadillac finally got them right in '93. The year they killed them...
    One of my older martial arts friends/mentors bought one—this would have been ‘88 or ‘89. I thought the car was one of coolest things I’d ever seen; a real 560SL killer. Hard to forget that dash. Considering what me and all my college buddies drove, I felt like one of those apes looking at the monolith in 2001 space odyssey.

They claim Cadillac finally got them right in '93. The year they killed them...
    Imma thinkin’ bad thoughts over here...

https://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/d...174737776.html

Need to come down on the price a good bit, but still. I like the oddball older cars, what can I say...

Need to come down on the price a good bit, but still. I like the oddball older cars, what can I say...
    Pretties! (In that awkward Allante kind of way )

The 93 is supposed to be different enough mechanically, any experience from our 90 is probably not valid. Did see a 93 about a year back, at a lemon lot, that by eyeball was in very nice condition with an ask of $5k. They were closed so just stopped, looked, but never got around to going back for a test drive. One look out though is the engine. The Northstar is a huge step up from prior Allante's and generally a good motor. They are known though to develop oil seal issues above 130K on the odometer. They also have some quirks that can cause easy fixes to be expensive. For instance our Concours (tarted up Deville variant) with a Northstar developed an intermittent Transmission Input Speed Sensor issue. $5 part but an $800 fix since accessing it meant pulling the engine. (Ended up just ignoring it and clearing the code when it popped. TISS failure just fails back from electronic shifting to hydraulic shifting. Not worth the $800 at the time).

Bottom line, if it speaks to you and you've got the ready cash I'd go and test drive. What have you got to lose? (except your wallet :-P )
    Last edited by Half Moon; 08-16-2020 at 08:02 AM.

Look at all that leg room. Don't see that much anymore unless you fly first class.

I've often said if I had Pelosi's money I would buy a fully restored 75 Cadillac Fleetwood. Not because I like them all that much, but just too have millennial's sneer at me. They feel a need to leave really nasty notes on my vehicle (had a 3/4 ton pickup) so they can feel better about themselves. Just doing my part so they can do theirs.

Last edited by Borderland; 08-16-2020 at 10:37 AM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

The wife and I are big horror movie fans. We have been running through all the 80s classics. The fly, the thing, reanimator, evil dead I&II ect... its a real good time.
    Come, mother, come! For terror is thy name, death is in thy breath, and every shaking step destroys a world for e'er. Thou 'time', the all-destroyer! Come, O mother, come!

Quote Originally Posted by snow white View Post
    The wife and I are big horror movie fans. We have been running through all the 80s classics. The fly, the thing, reanimator, evil dead I&II ect... its a real good time.
    Nice. We just watched best of the best last week. Definitely one of my childhood favorites.

Site Supporter

I believe it was Robert Heinlein's character, Lazarus Long who said, "Yield to temptation, it may not pass your way again."

Dave

User Tag List