Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: I Love the 80s

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    A 17 yo who teaches piano at the same studio where I teach guitar and voice told me last night that she doesn’t really know much about “really old music, like from the 80s.”

That’s precious, darlin’.

Beautiful gun. I was a HS senior in the fall of 1989.
    I graduated from HS in 1969. I also have a Colt Official Police 4" from that year...maybe I shouldn't sell it.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    A 17 yo who teaches piano at the same studio where I teach guitar and voice told me last night that she doesn’t really know much about “really old music, like from the 80s.”

That’s precious, darlin’.

Beautiful gun. I was a HS senior in the fall of 1989.
    I graduated from HS in 1969. I have a 4" Colt Official Police from that year...maybe I shouldn't sell it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    What kind of holster are you using?

How bulky were double speed loaders?
    Safariland/Rogers 070 or SSIII. Back then, it was likely the Rogers. Exact same thing just marked different. Had all the guys in my academy class from my agency using them. I was the first person to use this type of holster at my agency. I was extremely fast out of it, and liked its level of retention. This type of holster helped save my life twice in retention situations.

As far as speedloaders....45 Long Colt speed loaders are like little tomato paste cans. The triples were impressive on the belt.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Safariland/Rogers 070 or SSIII. Back then, it was likely the Rogers. Exact same thing just marked different. Had all the guys in my academy class from my agency using them. I was the first person to use this type of holster at my agency. I was extremely fast out of it, and liked its level of retention. This type of holster helped save my life twice in retention situations.

As far as speedloaders....45 Long Colt speed loaders are like little tomato paste cans. The triples were impressive on the belt.
    Hoyt manufactured triples? Or Shoemaker?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    Hoyt manufactured triples? Or Shoemaker?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Shoemaker
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

I was born in 84 but still appreciate the classics.
    Attachment 29766

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    I was born in 84 but still appreciate the classics.
    Attachment 29766
    Is that the movie?

Name:  E73DF269-C5D7-4C9A-BF53-0913E4A4092A.jpg
Views: 679
Size:  18.2 KB

Narcotics & Intel in the 80s.....

^^^^That shot looks a lot like my brother-in-law back in the day. Great shot, Ken.

ETA:

This pic goes back a little further but I can't find the one I'm looking for. Enough of the resemblance is shown in the image though..

Name:  FullSizeRender.jpg
Views: 661
Size:  35.1 KB
    Last edited by blues; 09-02-2018 at 10:22 AM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Mostly what I remember from the 80s was carrying way too much shit on my back...
    Name:  The Unknown Light Fighter.jpg
Views: 800
Size:  21.6 KB
    Pop culture was something that was happening to other guys.
    Last edited by Drang; 09-02-2018 at 10:21 AM.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

User Tag List