Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: I Love the 80s

This showed up on my youtube feed. It belongs here:

Class of 86 (Idaho Falls High School) and Class of 90 (Boise State University). Dad was Idaho State Police (1973-1994). In 1989 ISP celebrated it's 50th Anniversary. S&W made a limited run of commemorative 686 revolvers for the Troopers. Dad purchased one (the wood box came with it) and it became mine when he died in 2016. This one was actually made and shipped from the factory in October 88. I think the expression "Awsome Dude!" works.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    You bastards are making me feel really old. Class of 80...
    High school? Whippersnapper...
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

There are a number of guns from the `80s that I've wanted for years. So, about two years ago, I was fixing to move back east. I walked into one of the local gun shops and found this:

Name:  686-1.jpg
Views: 668
Size:  65.5 KB

686-1 that has the "M" modification.

I almost broke my arm getting out my credit card. Sure, I could have run off to the ATM for cash and saved 3%, but some years ago, I had gone into the store and there was a really nice 10-5 for $275. The clerk told me that some other dude wanted it, but he went home for his checkbook. I asked if he had put down a deposit. They said no. Out came my credit card....
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I almost broke my arm getting out my credit card. Sure, I could have run off to the ATM for cash and saved 3%, but some years ago, I had gone into the store and there was a really nice 10-5 for $275. The clerk told me that some other dude wanted it, but he went home for his checkbook. I asked if he had put down a deposit. They said no. Out came my credit card....
    I know what you are talking about. A couple years ago I came across this old warhorse and I knew that I wasn't going to go home without it. Out came the old plastic and the classic cry of "Charge!" was heard.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Checkman View Post
    I know what you are talking about. A couple years ago I came across this old warhorse and I knew that I wasn't going to go home without it. Out came the old plastic and the classic cry of "Charge!" was heard.
    NICE!!!

I have a "shaved" Webley that my dad bought. I fired it one range session and that's it. Turns out that firing .45 ACPs through one is A Bad Thing.

Good to see you here Checkman.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Good to see you here Checkman.
    You too. I was searching for info on 3rd Gen S&W autos and stumbled across this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    NICE!!!

I have a "shaved" Webley that my dad bought. I fired it one range session and that's it. Turns out that firing .45 ACPs through one is A Bad Thing.
    Yes a bad thing indeed. I couldn't believe my luck when I found this one and still in 455 Webley. No importer stamp and in addition to the British proof marks it also has New Zealand markings. If only it could talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Checkman View Post
    You too. I was searching for info on 3rd Gen S&W autos and stumbled across this site.
    You'll like it here, minimal white noise.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

User Tag List