Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M&P M2.0 Grip Texture

M&P M2.0 Grip Texture

I just put a 2.0 backstrap on my M&P and man does it feel solid in the hand. It also catches every piece of clothing that rubs over it. ANyone find it too aggressive for carry? I really want an m&p9c but I’m just not sure I can carry with the aggressive grip texture grabbing every piece of clothing it touches.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Cereal View Post
    I just put a 2.0 backstrap on my M&P and man does it feel solid in the hand. It also catches every piece of clothing that rubs over it. ANyone find it too aggressive for carry? I really want an m&p9c but I’m just not sure I can carry with the aggressive grip texture grabbing every piece of clothing it touches.
    What are the typical cover garments you wear material wise?
    Just a father trying to protect his family.

I dumbed down all of mine (with an abrasive sanding sponge) except for the gun I carry openly, on duty. I wore mine (when new) against my skin, for a six mile hike with my pup. I had skin and blood in the texture on completion, and an abrasion the size of a tennis ball on my waist line. That wasn’t pleasant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Cereal View Post
    I have dabbled with the 2.0 but have carried handguns with very aggressive textures for years. If your having issues with skin contact then add an undershirt like a Nike or UA compression shirt. You can even get cheap ones at Walmart. If the issue is your outer garment snagging on the texture and printing slightly then I’d suggest a thicker/heavier material shirt. I have had excellent luck with the carhartt shirts in the past. This is assuming your demographics allow this type of clothing. I’d rather have to augment my clothing slightly and keep an aggressive grip texture that aids in control of the handgun, than decrease that potential control by knocking down the texture. Especially in the hot months when I’m more prone to transfer sweat to the grip from my body or have sweaty palms.
    Just a father trying to protect his family.

I typically always wear some type of undershirt. My cover garments are all cotton or performance type material. I'm not looking to add hot, thick shirts just to cover up a gun. I'd rather just put the 1.0 back strap back on it. That being said, I've carried it today under a cotton polo and it hasn't snagged as badly as a t-shirt so you're correct about heavier clothing not being as much of an issue. I can switch it out on this gun, but a 2.0 model has that texture all the way around and I'm not sure I want that. Which is a bummer because I really like the M&Ps.

Site Supporter
    I don't notice any problems with them as far as snagging or being rough on the skin. Never had an issue with the 1st gen guns either and I stippled them more aggressively than the 2.0 texture. The only time I notice anything is on days I do a lot of draw practice, but I'm willing to accept that for a rough grip and not having to wear an undershirt.

Site Supporter
    I did a light sand on the grip of my 2.0 Compact where it rubbed my side - just that spot. Issue solved.

I wear a standard cotton undershirt and just a regular t shirt and I haven’t had any issues with my 2.0. Usually carry 12+ hours a day appendix in a mastermind radian
    Instagram: sometimesishootCs

I wear an undershirt to keep it off my man rolls, but the grip is rough on overshirts and car seats. It’s not as bad as a RTF Glock, but still much harder on clothing than the gen 1 grips unless you sand them a little.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Vending Machine Operator
    The 2.0 grip texture is my favorite grip texture I've had on a pistol yet, period. Even the excellent Glock Gen4 texturing pales in comparison to me.

I will say, though, that is NOT one to carry without an undershirt, I had a nice rash testifying to that.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

User Tag List