Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: National Knife Week?

National Knife Week?

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    @Sherman A. House DDS, what knife is that?
    Pretty obviously one belonging to Dr. House.
    Last edited by JAD; 08-29-2018 at 04:24 PM.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    A Special Circumstances (my boy Ian Wendt) customized Benchmade Triage.
    Did Ian do the bolt on wave part?

Quote Originally Posted by EricP View Post
    Did Ian do the bolt on wave part?
    Yes. Inquiring minds want to know.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Yes. Inquiring minds want to know.
    He sure did!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wise Men Company - currently makes a 'bolt on' wave for certain Spydercos, and the Benchmade Grip. - http://wisemencompany.com/fang/

BUT - I encourage all to buy an Emerson or one of the knives with a licensed version of the Wave integrated into the knife if you can and/or are willing to. I understand wanting the functionality of a wave on an existing knife - and the Wise Men product is distinct from the Wave in the fact that it bolts on (and is not integrated into the total blade shape like a true Wave), but the core idea is the same and I prefer to support the original version where possible.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Wise Men Company - currently makes a 'bolt on' wave for certain Spydercos, and the Benchmade Grip. - http://wisemencompany.com/fang/

BUT - I encourage all to buy an Emerson or one of the knives with a licensed version of the Wave integrated into the knife if you can and/or are willing to. I understand wanting the functionality of a wave on an existing knife - and the Wise Men product is distinct from the Wave in the fact that it bolts on (and is not integrated into the total blade shape like a true Wave), but the core idea is the same and I prefer to support the original version where possible.
    Agreed. But until Emerson makes a rescue knife with a hook and a glass breaker, a faux aftermarket custom job it is!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I already had the trainer laying around, but the sprint run mini matriarch is new for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Every day should be a national knife day.

A knife should be part of everyone's EDC.

Here endeth the sermon.
    There is truth in this sermon. I just wish more people heeded it.

I've realized one can tell a lot about a person by knowledge of a few facts - do they carry a knife, can they drive a standard transmission, do they have a fire extinguisher in their house.

Turns out, all of the biggest assholes I know answer, "No" to all of those questions. And the correlation between "No" to any or all of those questions and questionable ethics and behavior is so high, it really makes me wonder about potential causation. Realistically, the cause is that said individuals were not taught self-reliance and/or were taught that self-reliance was a 'toxic' trait and have developed over-compensatory behaviors in response.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    Agreed. But until Emerson makes a rescue knife with a hook and a glass breaker, a faux aftermarket custom job it is!
    Completely understandable. The functionality gained by the Wave is so great, that application to a wide variety of folding knives of differing functions makes absolute sense and Emerson does not/can not make all the knives. I do appreciate that they have begun licensing the Wave feature more broadly now and one can get Wave-equipped blades from Emerson, Spyderco, Kershaw/ZT, and Fox Knives without issue. Hopefully, more manufacturers will move in this realm. Recognition of this is why I posted the link to the Wise Men product - it's, at present, a bit of a necessary evil for one to have maximum function from a chosen platform.

I'd like to see a company like Wise Men link up with Emerson and purchase a license agreement to make "bolt-on Waves" for a range of knives. Giving the best of both worlds, respecting the intellectual property and gaining function across as many different types of knives as possible. In my experience if there is a man in the industry who would support this, it is Ernest Emerson.

___

ETA: Thus far for National Knife Week - I've Renn-Waxed a stack of knives, Tuf-Glide'd folders, and sharpened a half-dozen more on my Japanese water-stone. Today alone I spent the better part of the evening partaking in knife maintenance. I need to buy a new knife too, but National Knife Week at least reminds me to partake in annual maintenance regimes.
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 08-29-2018 at 11:05 PM.

I already posted this elsewhere, but I got this last week:

"You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

This has got to be almost the only forum (outside maybe TPI or MBC) where the jolly purchase show-off pics include more than one folding drone trainer.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List