Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: soap

Site Supporter

soap

Yes, soap.

Backstory: A bit over a year ago, my wife was talking to another mom at my daughter's ballet class. This other woman asked what my hobbies are. My wife thought for a minute and couldn't think of anything to mention besides guns. It made me think that 1) I should work on developing another non-work interest and 2) that maybe I should come up with a "cover hobby" that doesn't have any controversy attached to it. I'd been curious about soap making for a while because when we left TN, a friend gave me a bunch of soap his wife made, and it was fantastic. I ordered a $3 Kindle book on soap making, and it turns out that it's pretty simple. Soap making is now the first thing I mention when people ask about my hobbies. Since everyone uses soap, it's automatically a common interest. I've made and given away literally hundreds of bars of soap in the past year. Since soap making is strangely a gun-derived hobby for me, I thought it's be suitable as a Karma item.

Any site supporter who wants a chance at five bars of homemade soap of various scents, please reply with the customary "I'm in." I'll let a random number generator pick a winner this coming Saturday.

Y’know, what the heck. I’m totally in. Thanks for thinking of us: P-F fould stand to clean up. Its act...

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

I like this. I’m in!

Site Supporter
    I'm in! The same thinking has me looking for other hobbies. This may be the one that hooks me.

This is pretty cool! I'm in

I'm in.

With enough soap, one could blow up just about anything.

Might be the weirdest karma give away yet, congrats!

I'm in.

Hmmm, I'm in.
    "Specialization is for insects." -Robert A. Heinlein

Site Supporter
    I used to make soap. I’m in.

User Tag List