Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: True Detective Season 3 (Redemption???)

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    I kind of liked the overwrought and forced occult b.s. It made the whole thing extra creepy for me. I saw it more as the power of human belief rather than actual occult stuff... and that things get really weird once you get off the beaten path.
    Agreed. I thought the occult stuff was a good addition.

Everything about that season was just insanely excellent. When they went off the reservation with the biker gang holdup, that was just fucking wild. It was like To Live and Die in LA on steroids.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    We all know that season 1 was great because...........wait for it.......LSP Detectives
    Every time I watched it, I just sat back and said, "Whoa, so this is what 552 and 962's day job is like."

"Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Every time I watched it, I just sat back and said, "Whoa, so this is what 552 and 972’s day job is like."

The most realistic TV show ever.......

LSP Detectives...Isn't that a contradiction in terms?

(Duckin' and runnin'.)
    Last edited by blues; 08-27-2018 at 03:09 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I'm going to agree with most of the posters so far. True Detective Season 1 is one of my favorite seasons of any TV show I've ever seen. Everything from the casting, the dialogue, the acting, the plots and set pieces, even the occult stuff at the end was excellent. Season 2 was not in the same league. It wasn't even the same sport. As previously noted, there were too many characters to follow with sub plots that had nothing to do with the main story arc and only served to distract the viewer. If the writers just focused on the Vince Vaughn and Colin Ferrel characters with more time to flush out their relationship and history, the season would have been great. There were a couple a fantastic shooting sequences but they couldn't balance the pointlessness of Taylor Kitsch's still-in-the-closet-secret-gay-life sub plot and the Rachel McAdams my-dad's-weird-cult-led-to-me-being-abused-as-a-child sub plot.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Season 1 was the best stuff I've ever seen on television ,regardless of genre. I didn't think Season 2 would surpass it, but I don't think it's deserved the hate it's received. I liked Vince Vaughn's performance and didn't agree with much of the criticism directed towards him. I actually liked everyone's work, but found the plot to be the real problem. It lacked coherence and was far too convoluted. Hopefully Season 3 will regain some focus.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Double.
    Last edited by Trooper224; 08-27-2018 at 04:26 PM.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

I'm sorry, Trooper, but imho Vince Vaughan was so miscast as to make the scenes he was in unwatchable for me. And Taylor Kitsch was pretty brutal too but for different reasons. Rachel McAdams? Don't get me started.

All actors I ordinarily like or enjoy for different reasons.

I don't think we made it past the second episode...and I was so looking forward to it.

Oh well.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Breaking Bad is pissing me off. I'd always heard about how good it is, but every single character is either a genuine idiot or a pathetic loser -- with some overlap. I'll make an exception for Hank the DEA guy, who is a bit of an ass sometimes but isn't a total waste of human flesh. Plus he beat the living hell out of Jesse which was entertaining.

I'm still watching, but mostly because it's like a train wreck and I'm hoping Walt and Jesse finally meet the ends they deserve.

Oops wrong thead, I saw something about this show up above and forgot I wasn't in the general TV show/movie thread. Mods, if you see this feel free to move it to that thread if you desire. Or just delete it or whatever.
    Last edited by Robinson; 08-27-2018 at 04:40 PM.

Site Supporter

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    The most realistic TV show ever.......
    Totally realistic

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Rachel McAdams? Don't get me started.
    ...she's still hot.

But yeah, the acting was atrocious, like L-O-L bad at times. I kept wanting ti give Vince Vaughn a tall, strong drink, but it's equally possible he found one or seven before they started rolling, too.

User Tag List