Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: True Detective Season 3 (Redemption???)

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    I don't think Season 2 deserved the hate it received. It's main weakness was the highly convoluted plot with threads going nowhere. The performances were all excellent.
    We'll have to agree to disagree there.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    We'll have to agree to disagree there.
    Agreed
    Last edited by Nephrology; 01-16-2019 at 09:09 PM.

Watching this right now, I did like Season Two. Parts were filmed here in Ventura County .

Vending Machine Operator
    Enjoyed the first two episodes of S3 a lot. Wonderful suspense building and clear time jumps. Very very reminiscent of S1, and Ali is great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

We watched episode 1 last night. Has a West Memphis 3 vibe to it without taking too much from it. I agree that the time jump makeup is on point.

Site Supporter
    I fell asleep watching each of the last two episodes. BORING. Disappointed .
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Wife and I are really enjoying season three. Stellar performances and the make-up is incredible!

I'm trying not to get too crazy on my expectations for the last episode, as the last two seasons had endings that I found slightly underwhelming. My guess is that Wayne found out everything in 1990 and forgot it by 2015. Maybe the "true story" was so horrific he and Amelia decided to bury the whole thing to be able to keep going on?

Still no clue about the one-eyed man who showed back up at Amelia's reading. Why does he care about any of this?
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    Wife and I are really enjoying season three. Stellar performances and the make-up is incredible!

I'm trying not to get too crazy on my expectations for the last episode, as the last two seasons had endings that I found slightly underwhelming. My guess is that Wayne found out everything in 1990 and forgot it by 2015. Maybe the "true story" was so horrific he and Amelia decided to bury the whole thing to be able to keep going on?

Still no clue about the one-eyed man who showed back up at Amelia's reading. Why does he care about any of this?
    I believe that they alluded to the idea that the one-eyed guy was some sort of employee of the Hoyt family and procured children for them for some still unknown deviant purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Crash41984 View Post
    I believe that they alluded to the idea that the one-eyed guy was some sort of employee of the Hoyt family and procured children for them for some still unknown deviant purpose.
    I figured it was a case of mistaken identity and there's another one eyed guy who actually worked for Hoyts who we haven't seen....the guy at the reading was the same guy they questioned in his own neighborhood before, right? He certainly didn't seem to live with the Hoyts, which seems to be the case with the "procurer."
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Overall, I liked it.

Definitely better than Season Two, and the finale might have been better than Season One's.
    NO EXCEPTIONS

User Tag List