Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: True Detective Season 3 (Redemption???)

True Detective Season 3 (Redemption???)

It has potential. and it looks like there will be just one story line to follow, which is a good thing.
    Season two suffered from too many things going on at once. It could have been great if they cut it down to just Vince Vaughn and Collin Farrell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpUznQds8p4

Last edited by Gadfly; 08-27-2018 at 12:58 PM.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Be great if it could be as entertaining as season 1...right up to near the end of the season where it started to lose my interest with its overwrought and forced occult b.s.
    Last edited by blues; 08-27-2018 at 01:05 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Vending Machine Operator
    *tosses down gauntlet*

I loved Season 2.

The issue is that Season 1 was one of the best seasons of TV ever. Entirely new, raw, unexpected, brilliant. Like breaking bad or sopranos.

If season 2 was season 1 and nobody had ever season season 1, season 2 would be considered great TV. I think it IS great TV.

So long story short, I’m SUPER PUMPED.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

I rewatched seasons 1 and 2 over the winter. It solidified in my mind that season 1 is some of the best acting and tv content period. I enjoyed season 2 more the second time around because going in this time, I didn't have expectations that it would be as good or better than season 1.

I look forward to season 3.

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    If season 2 was season 1 and nobody had ever season season 1, season 2 would be considered great TV. I think it IS great TV.
    Season two COULD have been great. It was just good. Some individual scenes... the Frank /Velcoro stuff was great. Vince Vaughn actually impressed me in that. But the whole CHiP guy's story was just filler it felt like. The McAdams' stuff? Well, she can act and she is cute, but the story for her was just weak. Why waste time with her hippy cult father that really did not matter in the end? Cut her part down, Cut ChiP guy out, and give us a more coherent Frank/Ray story line. The pieces WERE there to make something great.

It is hard to follow up Rust Chole. We were bound to be let down.
    (Could ANYONE have nailed Chole like McConaughey? Doubtful)
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    *tosses down gauntlet*

I loved Season 2.

The issue is that Season 1 was one of the best seasons of TV ever. Entirely new, raw, unexpected, brilliant. Like breaking bad or sopranos.

So long story short, I’m SUPER PUMPED.

Man!

I’ve said that for years. Season 2 by itself was good, the problem was season 1. The best thing that’s ever been on TV

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Be great if it could be as entertaining as season 1...right up to near the end of the season where it started to lose my interest with its overwrought and forced occult b.s.
    I kind of liked the overwrought and forced occult b.s. It made the whole thing extra creepy for me. I saw it more as the power of human belief rather than actual occult stuff... and that things get really weird once you get off the beaten path.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Loved season 1. Hated season 2. I honestly almost didn't finish it. The acting was garbage, the writing was garbage, the editing/narrative of the story was garbage... Season 3 better be much closer to Season 1 in quality, or it will be the end of the show, IMO.

We all know that season 1 was great because...........wait for it.......LSP Detectives

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    We all know that season 1 was great because...........wait for it.......LSP Detectives
    Gar-on-teed!

User Tag List