Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: One sight to rule them all?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    I didn't have any issues with the U-notch yesterday doing rapid fire, I'll test it out tomorrow at some intermediate to long range shooting.
    I ran the U notch for a while (Warren Tactical), I thought everything was just fine. Then my primary gun went down and I moved to my backup - which has Sevigny carry sights. The U rear was listed in the FS section that same night.

On most of my guns, I'm back to where I was 5 years ago, Heinie sights.

What I can do is a side by side comparison - I've got a Colt with a Novak wide rear notch and blacked out front, and the Sig 1911 with the 10-8 U-shaped rear. The problem is what kind of testing metric should I use, first shot hit time, group size, etc?

For what it's worth, I run 10-8 sights and they work well for me. I suppose in this case, however, that's kind of the point. They work well for me, but that's not saying anything about what works best for others.
    Last edited by DeltaKilo; 03-21-2011 at 04:47 PM.

I ran the u-notch last night in some low-light drills with the night sight up front. I have to say that I really, really liked the set-up. There was just enough ambient light to see the rear outline, so you just put the big glowing dot on the target and whack it. It was very reminiscent of shooting a fiber optic front sight during the day.

We are diminished
    I need more time behind the idpro before making any serious comparison, but two benefits of the Ameriglo over the Warren are that the edges aren't as sharp (no holes sawed in clothes over time) and they're substantially less expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Thanks. Cost is one of the reasons I ask because I need another set of sights for my compact.
    I just put a set of Ameriglos on my M&P for a really good price from the Ameriglo site. The rear does a have really nice curved profile that doesn't poke or snag much.

User Tag List