Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The literary Police version of the Star Trek red shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    Police novels/shows/movies/anything are usually painfully bad. I can't do em.
    I read one of the Jack Reacher books on accident and have spent the rest of forever trying to bleach it out of my brain.

I hate it when one of the characters does something that's obviously stupid or out of character so the badguy can kill/kidnap/rob someone or get the drop on the hero. That's just plain lazy writing.
    Last edited by MistWolf; 08-25-2018 at 12:42 AM.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I also assume you look exactly like your avatar.
    That was his detective suit. He's back in blue now.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    That was his detective suit. He's back in blue now.
    Do they make squirrel-sized PD uniforms? I'm assuming the suit was tailored.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Do they make squirrel-sized PD uniforms? I'm assuming the suit was tailored.
    I'm big for my species. It's the slit in the pants for the tail that requires custom work.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Kindle Unlimited is full of some obscure gems to be found among the turds. I use it for a light weekend read sometimes. In one unexceptional book, a minor character’s backstory was she had been abused and took up self defense and firearms training. Commendable, but I don’t think the author had done either one himself; this was confirmed when the character is badgered into Joining The Cause and shows up with an Uzi with a “four hundred round clip”.

Quote Originally Posted by UnoZero View Post
    ...an Uzi with a “four hundred round clip”.
    Must be one of those Uzis made in Hollywood, California.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Must be one of those Uzis made in Hollywood, California.
    Loading that sucker would be a chore.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Same with movies

The one that sticks with me is Speed, where at the beginning of the movie Jeff Daniels and Keanu Reeves are best buddies, like Crocket and Tubbs. Keanu was by himself on the movie poster, so you know sure as shit Daniel is dead meat before the first frame but could they do a better job of killing him off? The crazy maniac has wired up a bus so it will explode if it slows down, he has remote cameras rigged up so he can watch what is going on inside the bus, lets go to his last known address and crawl in a window...
    Last edited by mmc45414; 08-25-2018 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I'm big for my species. It's the slit in the pants for the tail that requires custom work.
    I'd recommend tucking that thing in. A slit in the pants makes it too easy for the chiefs to...drive their point home.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

User Tag List