Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Releasing the shot when using a red dot

These comments from Aaron Barruga make sense to me.

https://guerrillaapproach.com/pistol-rds/
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

With a Glock, it helps to set your wrist angle early, so it is set when the pistol extends — this helps you get the dot earlier.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Here is some fun from today’s training session.

At the end of today’s practice session, I decided to give myself permission to work absolute draw speed without any concerns of time or accuracy. Previously, I have gotten down to the low .50’s, but with striker pistols ran into stoppages faster than .54. To deal with that, I decided to try some Gold Dot +P ammo and see if that helped.

Showed some promise with multiple draws under .50, although I need to work to make it more controlled.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    At the end of today’s practice session, I decided to give myself permission to work absolute draw speed without any concerns of time or accuracy. Previously, I have gotten down to the low .50’s, but with striker pistols ran into stoppages faster than .54. To deal with that, I decided to try some Gold Dot +P ammo and see if that helped.
    What causes the stoppages with a fast draw?

And your draw borders on freakish right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    What causes the stoppages with a fast draw?

And your draw borders on freakish right now.
    We discussed this a few days ago in the Given’s measurement thread. I think “inertia” along with a lower PF cartridge, but that is just theory.

I finished up today with a gun handling drill called “Four Aces,” which is primarily gun handling as you draw and fire two, reload and fire two.

After this last TPC class, I decided there was improvement I could make to my draw, when shooting smaller targets at longer distances, by using a more direct presentation. Here is a series of draws today to an eight inch steel at 20 yards.

I decided to push draws to 25 and 30 yards today. Not surprisingly, 30 is significantly harder. Also some transition practice using my method of pressing the trigger between targets.

Definitely feeling the mojo post TPC, embracing loving each target and pressing the trigger on the Glock between targets. Some of the best shooting I have ever done. First three successive runs on three eight inch steel at 12, 20 and 35 yards with a 2.5 par, and going for three A zone hits in 1.0 from the draw at six yards.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    After this last TPC class, I decided there was improvement I could make to my draw, when shooting smaller targets at longer distances, by using a more direct presentation. Here is a series of draws today to an eight inch steel at 20 yards.

Name:  9H7xfUY.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  32.3 KB

User Tag List