Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: PF Gun Hipster timeline

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    I dunno, while there was a tendency for people to shoot whatever Todd was shooting, I remember @JohnN and others getting P-07's several years ago. And wasn't there a minor Roland fad for a bit?

As far as my own personal carry gats, since I registered here I switched from my Springfield PC9111 to the M&P9 back in summer of '11, to the Gen3 19 in December of '15, to the Gen4 19 in January of '17, and that's where I still am.

The 1911-to-M&P switch was the only one that was really P-F driven, I guess.
    How dare you call me a fadist (is that a word?), unfortunately guilty. Glock, P07, P30, M&P, P320, and probably the longest duration Beretta 92, PX4CC. No wonder I struggle at times.

Oh yeah, have a Roland too, damn.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Carrying a Glock 19 since Gen2. Currently have Gen 2/3/4. Still carry a Gen3 mostly.

I do like the P-07 for junk (AIWB) carry.

I guess I'm a shitty hipster.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Still on G19 gen 4. Got stuck there.
    Last edited by EMC; 08-22-2018 at 07:01 PM.

On the initial list, I only have a P30. Well, 3, but whatever. Because of PF, I went from P30 v3, P30 v1, P2000 v2, and currently a USP9c v7. Seem to stay with one for about 2 - 3 years and move on. Pretty much stuck on LEM, which seems to ebb and flow with the hipster tides.
    Taking a break from social media.

When I joined I carried G17.4 About a year ago went to G19.4. Three months ago went G19.5.
    I am full of Gastonade.

You can tell from my pic I am definitely not a hipster.
    Last edited by Leroy Suggs; 08-22-2018 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    You gotta get with the program, dude.

"I may only have a Gen 2 G19 but I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it...P-F people like me."
    Last edited by blues; 08-22-2018 at 07:16 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Todd got me shooting and carrying a DA/SA Sig.

@Dagga Boy got me shooting and carrying a P2000 LEM.

@GJM got me shooting and carrying a USP 45 with 45 Super when I'm innawoods.

I started out with an M9 in 1998. Went from that to a Glock 9mm somewhat briefly.
    Went to 1911 in about 2000 and stayed with it for the longest time, until the 45 was beating me up, tried 9mm 1911 in 2012 and had reliability problems. Went to Sig P226 & P239 about 2013. Tried to go Glock for about a year and a half and that ended up just being a mess, and now I'm chugging along with a 9mm 1911 in my holster as I type.

There was a small smattering of other touch and go pistols that I bought out of curiosity but never really did anything with.

I guess I hit most of the high points on the hipster scale. I feel like I should get an icon by my username or something.

Second-tier hipsterism:

G43

The "J-frame lifestyle"
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Second-tier hipsterism:

G43

The "J-frame lifestyle"
    Rescued K Framed S&W's
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List