Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: PF Gun Hipster timeline

Site Supporter
    Todd, P-T.com, and P-F exposed me to a community of regular folks that took pistol shooting seriously.

I lived in California at the time, and owned exclusively .45acp pistols. My logic was that with only 10 rounds, I should opt for the larger caliber. Lurking around here led me to dump the .45s for 9mm so that I could afford to practice more. I bought a used Gen 3 19 and took my first "real" class from someone other than a local instructor in 2012.

I mostly managed to avoid the hipster guns as most of them were prohibitively expensive in CA thanks to the state's Handgun Roster. I dabbled a bit with a Springer 9mm RO after Todd's time with the 1911, and picked up (and eventually traded away) a Loaded model and a TRP, both in .45.

When I moved to Oregon in 2016 I picked up a gen 4 19, and used LLs fixes to get the brass out of my face. I sent the gun to ATEi and slapped an RMR and X300 on. That too was traded away. Along the way, I bought other stuff, a 43, a 34, an N-frame, a K-frame, a couple of LCPs... the old used Gen 3 19 has been a constant companion. It's carried AIWB due in no small part to P-F's influence.

With the P-F Gun Hipster Timeline - We have to add some new chapters -

The STI/Staccato/Double-Stack 1911 in 9mm

Beretta 92 with Langdon MRDS Mount

Sig Rattler

We also had a mini-Hipster step with the .32 NAA - that maybe (?) has died out...kinda, probably not (since I just bought more .32 NAA ammo this morning)

And I dunno if we can call it Hipster or not, but the 1301T has certainly achieved high status around here.

In fact, how could anyone be a P-F Hipster, without an STI, Rattler, and 1301T?

___

The real challenge is predicting what's next - I want it to be the Dan Wesson X - But it will probably be something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Over the last 25 years, I've gone through this evolution of carry guns:
    S&W TDAs
    HK
    Glock
    Sig p320
    CZ P-07
    Ruger LCR

and ended up with:

CZ P-07, Glock, LCR.
    Seriously fun exercise.

Glock
    HiPower
    Kahr
    HiPower
    P30
    Glock

This is what my friends in law enforcement call a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by pooty View Post
    is this is the thread for weird guns? ran across this new VP70z for $800 shipped

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Equipmen...0z/88-2007539/

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    With the P-F Gun Hipster Timeline - We have to add some new chapters -

The STI/Staccato/Double-Stack 1911 in 9mm

Beretta 92 with Langdon MRDS Mount

Sig Rattler

We also had a mini-Hipster step with the .32 NAA - that maybe (?) has died out...kinda, probably not (since I just bought more .32 NAA ammo this morning)

And I dunno if we can call it Hipster or not, but the 1301T has certainly achieved high status around here.

In fact, how could anyone be a P-F Hipster, without an STI, Rattler, and 1301T?

___

The real challenge is predicting what's next - I want it to be the Dan Wesson X - But it will probably be something else.
    Im sure there are other long guns if you consider a great price an a PF run on them. I think I remember a run on the lightweight Colts maybe a Trooper? model. And then the was the Aug.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Since this thread got necro’d...

It’s sounding like the M&P Core 2.0 with rds is on track to be the next evolution in pf hipster pistol...
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Whaddya mean, A K frame revolver? The requirement should be several.
    I like to think of them as a bevy of Ks.

Quote Originally Posted by pooty View Post
    is this is the thread for weird guns? ran across this new VP70z
    I had one of those. Best I can describe it is a polymer Hi-point. terribly oversized blowback design in 9mm with a really awful trigger, like the worst trigger ever made.

Whatever @Duke is currently shooting
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Pfft.

All these members post all this stuff about Glocks and 1911s, but they're actually pocket carrying Sig P365s. They just can't say that here for fear of being ostracized by the mob.

I'll see myself out.
    Last edited by RJ; 08-22-2020 at 08:47 AM. Reason: kant spel

User Tag List