Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: PF Gun Hipster timeline

PF Gun Hipster timeline

As noted on another post, there's a timeline to PF gun hipsterism.
    From my observations from the beginning (feel free to correct):
    -H&K P30
    -Glock 19 G4
    -9mm 1911
    -Beretta 92
    -Glock 19 G5
    -Beretta PX4
    -CZ P07
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    I dunno, while there was a tendency for people to shoot whatever Todd was shooting, I remember @JohnN and others getting P-07's several years ago. And wasn't there a minor Roland fad for a bit?

As far as my own personal carry gats, since I registered here I switched from my Springfield PC9111 to the M&P9 back in summer of '11, to the Gen3 19 in December of '15, to the Gen4 19 in January of '17, and that's where I still am.

The 1911-to-M&P switch was the only one that was really P-F driven, I guess.
    Last edited by Tamara; 08-22-2018 at 05:42 PM.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Am I the only one that doesn't own any of 'em? (At least in the generations cited where it applies to Glocks.)

Whatever will I do?
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Am I the only one that doesn't own any of 'em? (At least in the generations cited where it applies to Glocks.)

Whatever will I do?
    You gotta get with the program, dude.

I've gone from Kahr CW9 -> Beretta 92 -> HK P30 LEM -> 1911/2011

And this place almost certainly had everything to do with it. Well, that a move from Austin, Texas to Chiraq, where a need for a double-stack 9mm could be articulated easily.

Glock 19 Gen3/4 here, no Gen 5. Still toying with a P-07.

Bought a stainless Beretta 92 and 20 round extenbded magazines for wifey’s bedside gun.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

I’ve definitely tried out a few of the guns on the list and I keep going back to Glock 19s. I’m currently into the G19-5 fad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Am I the only one that doesn't own any of 'em?
    Not hardly.

Whatever will I do?
    Carry on, m'boy. Carry on.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

What’s been even more fun is the gun-of-glory / gun-of-shame arc, which is bidirectional. PX4s went from assy to classy, P320s went from the hotness to the kneeshotness, etc.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Eh, I think it’s hard to establish an actual and hard timeline. Of the ones listed I have a G19G4, Beretta 92, and P-07. P-07 will probably be leaving the safe soon. Just doesn’t strike my fancy like I thought it was going to.

G19 was acquired for general all around utility and usability at the time. It’s hard to go wrong with it.

Beretta 92 was something that I’ve wanted for a while, but Ernest and Les pushed me over the edge.

P-07 was something that I was toying with the idea of for a while from observing Noner’s exploits. The concept is good, but it doesn’t make sense with other things I’m now invested in.

I’m sure if I was single and had more liquid assets to be loose with I’d probably fall more in line. Sadly money is a thing and I just like shooting more than I do collecting and oogling.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

I was guilty (or blessed?) to have chased a few pistols due to Todd's influence.

Here's my humble progression :

P2000sk
    P30
    MP9FS
    SIG SP2022
    Glock 19.4
    Glock 17.3

User Tag List