Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Another Grail Gun Model 64 NY-1

Hmm... Looks a little on the rough side, but if it doesn't get bid up a ton? (Sorry, 3 inch Model 65, not a 64)

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/792034997
    Last edited by tanner; 11-29-2018 at 05:07 PM.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tanner View Post
    Hmm... Looks a little on the rough side, but if it doesn't get bid up a ton? (Sorry, 3 inch Model 65, not a 64)

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/792034997
    $875 opening bid? Maybe in 2023 or so.

Pass.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    $875 opening bid? Maybe in 2023 or so.

Pass.
    It would have been the winning bid... If only my piggy bank just didn't recently get emptied!

If you put up a "want to buy" ad on the S&W forum you'll likely come up with a 3" 65 in better condition, with the original grips and in more desirable dash number, for around 6-650 bucks. It'd take some patience, but would likely be worth it. 3" K frames have a habit of popping up once you start looking for them.
    Last edited by oregon45; 11-30-2018 at 05:24 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by oregon45 View Post
    If you put up a "want to buy" ad on the S&W forum you'll likely come up with a 3" 65 in better condition, with the original grips and in more desirable dash number, for around 6-650 bucks. It'd take some patience, but would likely be worth it. 3" K frames have a habit of popping up once you start looking for them.
    And also be relentless with your search of LGS and pawn shops. Found this one last spring at a LGS within walking distance of my home.
    Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while....I have about $600 in it counting the minor action work required and the Tyler-T-grip I ordered for it. Very pleased with it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by deputyG23; 12-01-2018 at 02:12 PM.

Backstory, sometime around the New Year, I got an itch that needed to be scratched- I decided to expand my NY-1 collection… Smart move, right?
    First came a 4” RB that a retired NYPD cop sold to the shop I help out at. He also sold his 2” RB, which I passed on since I already had one (duh!)
    Next, I started visiting some LGS, and some not so local, and by chance I came across another 4”, a SB.
    But now the unicorn 64 NY-1, the 3” RB, which I had never seen except in photos.
    A good bud, who had sympathy for me, saw one for auction and, well, somehow I won it! It had a horrendous set of Hogue rubber grips, that will be replaced with period correct Magnas.

Now, how do I find a replacement for the Model 60 NY-1 that I once owned, but sold (DUH)?
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by oregon45 View Post
    Name:  5C098854-175A-4FCD-B012-4993611538E3.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  82.7 KB
    Yes, they do.
    Managed to acquire three in eighteen months.
    Top and bottom are M65s.
    Center is M64 NY-1.
    I think I am set….

Quote Originally Posted by deputyG23 View Post
    Name:  5C098854-175A-4FCD-B012-4993611538E3.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  82.7 KB
    Yes, they do.
    Managed to acquire three in eighteen months.
    Top and bottom are M65s.
    Center is M64 NY-1.
    I think I am set….
    Freakin’ awesome pic, but… I really want to hear you back up that part about “6-650 bucks.”

Just saying.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Freakin’ awesome pic, but… I really want to hear you back up that part about “6-650 bucks.”

Just saying.
    These were bought in the early ‘18 to mid ‘19 time frame before the ‘rona run on guns and the nuts pricing.
    The most I paid was $650 for the 65-6.
    The other two were in the low to mid five hundred range.
    The NY-1 was the least expensive of the three.
    I don’t think the dealer realized what he had and he assumed it would bring less because it wasn’t chambered for .357.

Quote Originally Posted by deputyG23 View Post
    The NY-1 was the least expensive of the three.

You and I have danced this dance here at P-F before, my friend. The 3” RB NY-1 is my grail.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List