Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Another Grail Gun Model 64 NY-1

Last 3" NY-1 in that sort of shape that I bid on went over 9 bills, so there is that.

Aaaaaand, I own a 3" round butt 65-3, so there’s that, too. I’ll keep you in mind if I spot another.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Aaaaaand, I own a 3" round butt 65-3, so there’s that, too. I’ll keep you in mind if I spot another.
    We can watch out for each other! Deal.

Quote Originally Posted by tanner View Post
    No sir. Model 64 (no dash). Stamped NY-1.

but then another guy drove me up to $850.
    Hi tanner, I was the "other guy" . Sorry friend, I got it bad for 3" k frames and that one just looked so pretty. If it weren't for Christmas coming up I might have gone a little higher. I love that bead blast finish; your pics are much better than the ones in the auction. It's nice to your story and connection to it, I'm glad it went to someone who deserves it! Now I don't feel bad about loosing out on it.

We can watch out for each other! Deal.
    This one... may bid up a bit...

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/791644586
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    This one... may bid up a bit...

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/791644586
    Wow, the old LadySmith without the LadySmith engraving! Never seen one without the branding.

Site Supporter
    Like this one? Just brought it home! It was shipped from the factory while I was in the police academy back in '93. Very excited to own this little piece of history.

Gotta find a better set of grips for it, and maybe some nice leather. This is probably as close to a BBQ gun as I'll probably ever own.

Attachment 32790

Attachment 32791

Attachment 32792

This is one of those posts that should have a "LOVE" button. Thanks for sharing, tanner.

I heart 3” K Frames and that one looks fantastic @tanner. Congratulations. You know how gun people have that daydream dream where they take a spur of the moment detour to a pawn shop or gun shop and they find a gun they’ve always wanted marked at a they-don’t-know-what-they-have low price? In my version of that daydream, the gun is a 3” NY-1 in a condition as nice as yours.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    In my version of that daydream, the gun is a 3” NY-1 in a condition as nice as yours.
    Pretty much. My daydream might also include Scarlett Johansson, Kate Beckinsale, and the alpine village of Courchevel—with Colin Farrell driving the limo—but failing that, the minty 3" NY-1.
    Last edited by Totem Polar; 11-28-2018 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Hi tanner, I was the "other guy" . Sorry friend, I got it bad for 3" k frames and that one just looked so pretty. If it weren't for Christmas coming up I might have gone a little higher. I love that bead blast finish; your pics are much better than the ones in the auction. It's nice to your story and connection to it, I'm glad it went to someone who deserves it! Now I don't feel bad about loosing out on it.
    THAT IS AWESOME!! Too funny! Now I feel bad, well maybe just a little. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    ... In my version of that daydream, the gun is a 3” NY-1 in a condition as nice as yours.
    I had planned shooting the bee-jeebers out of this gun, but it doesn't have a mark on it. The grips are still shiny. Clearly has never been carried, and you could knock me over with a feather if it has more than a couple of hundred rounds through it.

So now a new conundrum! lol

Still leaning towards it being a shooter though. I love to see honest wear on guns.

User Tag List