Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I've found my favorite J-Frame grips...and it makes me a little sad.

I’m surprised crimson trace doesn’t make more j frame options.

Cutting the pinky off of Uncle Mike's grips?!

Why cut off the pinky, I prefer a grip with somewhere to put my little finger instead of leaving it dangling m

Quote Originally Posted by Old Phart View Post
    Cutting the pinky off of Uncle Mike's grips?! Why cut off the pinky
    To make a solution similar to the Taurus grip that is softer and doesn't say Taurus....

Site Supporter
    I would be hesitant to modify an Uncle Mike’s grip since they are no longer made to the best of my knowledge.

As between modifying the gun to fit the grip or the grip to fit the gun, I would be quick to modify the Taurus grip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Not really sure how this thread makes me feel, but now I am wondering if the bottom of these couldn't be ground down?...
    Attachment 29409
    No. I have that Hogue grip on my spare 642. That bottom cap I think is how it secures.

The Uncle Mikes grips that were larger than the boot grips have steel panels in them that I discovered when I tried cutting them down many years ago. If I can find them I'll post a pic.

That's obvious, but why no pinky ?
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    To make a solution similar to the Taurus grip that is softer and doesn't say Taurus....
    Aren't the Uncle Mike's boot grips getting hard to find?
    Last edited by O4L; 08-22-2018 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Phart View Post
    That's obvious, but why no pinky ?

Aren't the Uncle Mike's boot grips getting hard to find?
    I meant the Hogue, for sure preserve the Uncle Mikes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    No. I have that Hogue grip on my spare 642. That bottom cap I think is how it secures.
    But there is a bit of a recess, I think you could maybe make it as short as the Taurus grip. Just brainstorming.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    I hate to be a party pooper, but I seem to remember Claude Werner coming up with this hack on TPI...circa 2006-ish?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You are correct sir. When I acquired my 43c the seller tossed in a set of the Taurus grips and mentioned Claude had suggested the mod to him. I called Claude to confirm and to make fun of the seller and got a small helping of humble pie. It’s a good modification. I wish I had of thought about it prior to scoring a set of Diamond Pros specifically for the 642.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

User Tag List