Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I've found my favorite J-Frame grips...and it makes me a little sad.

I've found my favorite J-Frame grips...and it makes me a little sad.

Yes, that abomination is exactly what you think it is.

The Taurus grips are actually the perfect size "boot" grip for me, they cover the backstrap (I've previously been cutting the pinky area off of the old Uncle Mikes J-Frame grips, to get a boot grip with a covered backstrap), and they are just tacky enough.

I'm either going to have to paint the medallions black, or rip them out of the grips entirely though...just don't like having "Taurus" written on the side of an otherwise perfectly good 351c.

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    If it works, why not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

I thought you were going to say that they were retro, hand carved, custom, and that you were sad because you could never find another set. But, nooooooo, instead you have defiled your revolver and now you want...what? Absolution? A pat on the back? These things I cannot give you. You must suffer alone, my friend.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

If this was back in the 80's i would be a little judgmental but in todays world nah. Not only does it look good but maybe you are out in front trend setting.

Site Supporter
    Darken the Taurus bit with a marker and it'll all be good.

Actually, if it works well for you, why not? Got a part number, I may try it myself.

Edit to clean things up a bit. I'm a naughty boy.

Chris
    Last edited by mtnbkr; 08-22-2018 at 03:46 PM.

I hate to be a party pooper, but I seem to remember Claude Werner coming up with this hack on TPI...circa 2006-ish?

Wow.

Great pictures, great cigar, great ingenuity but still...

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    I hate to be a party pooper, but I seem to remember Claude Werner coming up with this hack on TPI...circa 2006-ish?

I’m pretty sure we discussed it here some time ago too. For some reason I never followed up but it does look like a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post

Well darn...wish i would've seen it then. It would have saved me working over the Uncle Mike's grips.

The only thing you have to do to the Taurus 85 grips is drill a small hole for the pins that are in the bottom of the grip frame.

User Tag List