Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mission: Impossible - Fallout

Hammertime

Mission: Impossible - Fallout

I just walked out of this movie, and have to say I was blown away.

I can’t remember the last time I felt like I got my money’s worth and more out of a big screen experience. I would have paid more.

I have always been a fan of the series and what Cruise has done with it. Some MI movies, especially early, on have been hokey. Fallout, though, is the crown jewel of the series. Smart, nearly non stop, amazing action. Outstandingly choreographed fights. Beautiful visuals. Good music, amazing sound engineering. The whole experience was delightful and just what I want when I go to the big screen.

I love when Hollywood does what it does best and hope there are more movies like this in the hopper.

Thanks for a review. I have enjoyed most of the series, will go see this one as well.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Thanks for the review! I’ve been very excited about the combo of this movie and an Alamo Drafthouse opening less than a mile from the house. I’ll probably go this week to avoid the opening weekend crowds.

Hammertime
    There is a scene involving some very fast pistol shooting that I would love to see someone here try to replicate.

Guessing 1/2 second draw from concealment, 1/4 second to first shot, then two right on top of each other. 0.10 maybe then a 0.15. I actually don’t think possible in the real world. Let me know after you see it.

I smell a drill of the week coming.

There should for that matter be a Collateral DotW.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    I smell a drill of the week coming.

There should for that matter be a Collateral DotW.
    “Shooter ready...yo, homie...” *BEEP*

There's been lots of statements made calling this movie "the best action movie of the century".

Im stoked to see it as ive absolutely adored the past movies, even the John Woo interpretation lol.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    There's been lots of statements made calling this movie "the best action movie of the century".

Im stoked to see it as ive absolutely adored the past movies, even the John Woo interpretation lol.
    I had not seen any reviews other than my kid telling me it was awesome. I can’t disagree at all with the best action movie of the century statements though

Saw it tonight. Awesome, completely over the top, non-stop, edge of your seat action. Fun movie. Go see it. Leave your documentary glasses at home, suspend belief, and enjoy the ride.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    Saw it tonight. Awesome, completely over the top, non-stop, edge of your seat action. Fun movie. Go see it. Leave your documentary glasses at home, suspend belief, and enjoy the ride.

Yeah, but isn't Tom Cruise in it?
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List