Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lightning storm in Northern VA last night

Lightning storm in Northern VA last night

I heard one strike, it was so loud that I was certain it was on my five acres, but I still haven’t found where it actually hit.

This house is six miles away, the community is already starting to donate to the family. Thankfully, everyone got out OK, but their insurance can’t help until Tuesday.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    #RESIST

We get a lot of lightning around here. I spend a lot of time holding my breath...

Glad those folks got through it without injury.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    We get some impressive storms, too.

Sometimes, the sky will be lit up half the time and you hear almost no thunder. Once in awhile, you see a multi-strike straight down in a massive column, like Thor hit the "smite" button. I never hear news stories about what was smitten, though.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

We just got a new roof because of a hail storm that came through a couple months ago. Since we moved here, almost five years ago, there have been two housed hit by lighting in our neighborhood.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Site Supporter
    Glad nobody was hurt.

Yeah, weather sucks in NOVA this year. Flooding is the worst I've seen in many years. Basement flooded thrice this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I heard one strike, it was so loud that I was certain it was on my five acres, but I still haven’t found where it actually hit.

This house is six miles away, the community is already starting to donate to the family. Thankfully, everyone got out OK, but their insurance can’t help until Tuesday.
    Uh, holy shit! Is there a link or site to help the family?

Slept through the storm, but enjoyed the evening lightning show before it made its way to us.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post

Damn, my in-laws live right around there. One of them sent a picture of the same house to my wife. That’s a crazy sight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jc000 View Post
    Uh, holy shit! Is there a link or site to help the family?

Slept through the storm, but enjoyed the evening lightning show before it made its way to us.
    Nothing online yet, the admin gal at the school is collecting stuff up.
    #RESIST

that is some serious "fuck this house in particular" right there.
    I can't even imagine having that happen here.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    We get some pretty impressive fronts roll through here in the Midwest. No close calls for me, but lightning struck a field less than 100 yards from where I was driving. The thunder rocked my truck. Very impressive.

Lightning split a tree in my yard when I was a kid. I don’t remember the blast (was probably too little) but the tree was there for a few years before it got too rotten and my dad cut it down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List