Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Is my G43 worth keeping?

Quote Originally Posted by vandal View Post
    Really torn. Can only have two pistols on my CCW. One is a G19, the other PPS M1.
    Only two? I’d have to make some changes. Last time I tried to trim the “carry shelf” from 4 to 3, I wound up with 5.

I know if I were limited to two, it’d be G43 and ??

Guns like this fill a role, particularly an NPE one. If you're able to move about in your day to day world without ever encountering a role for a small semi, J-frame, etc. then I envy you.

I was like you at first with the 43. Beyond 12/15 yards my accurate wasn’t great. Fast forward today and over 2000 round through it and I love it. Last week I was hitting a round steel plate at 75 yards without to much issue. I’ve learned to run it hard and my accuracy is much better. I still shoot my 19 slight better/faster when running drills but not a huge difference. I still perfer the 19 as my main edc but I have gone to the 43 for my summer carry with great confidence.

I also have gone to the Taran Tactical +2 base plate and the gun feels perfect in my hand, accuracy is improved with more of the full size grip. Some might say since the length is close to the 19, may as well go to the 19, but it’s significantly lighter and thinner. When it’s constantly 100 degrees, the 43 works well with shorts and light shirt. If I really need deep concealment with it I just go to the TT+1, or the pinky extension.

Also a huge fan of the 26 but the difference for me in carrying that and the 19 is really very minimal so the the 43 really has replaced the 26. Anyway, everyone is different but I for one have come to appreciate and really like the 43. I actually enjoy shooting it quite a bit.

Vending Machine Operator
    This thread got me thinking pretty deep about it and I sold my G43 and holster to a good sheriff's deputy pal of mine for enough cash to pick up a Shield 2.0 and holster or one of the PPS variants and holster.

It was a great gun, but my hand didn't like it, and with so many subcompact options out there right now, there's not really a reason not to get the one that fits your hand.

No complaints about it. Just like when I sold off my Walther P99AS. Sometimes it's just not a love connection.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Only two? I’d have to make some changes. Last time I tried to trim the “carry shelf” from 4 to 3, I wound up with 5.

I know if I were limited to two, it’d be G43 and ??
    When my son thinned the herd, he went with a 43 and a 26. Got some 19 mags so he “kinda” had 3 with that setup. 19 mag and spacer for night stand and 26 mags for carry and 43 for deep carry.

Just heard at lunch that the local PD is going from personally owned weapons - mostly Glocks of whatever model and generation and Sig Sauers of various models, with an occasional 1911 for those who can qualify at the instructor level - to department issue G19 with a department issue G43 for backup. No doubt to simplify training and maintenance.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Just heard at lunch that the local PD is going from personally owned weapons - mostly Glocks of whatever model and generation and Sig Sauers of various models, with an occasional 1911 for those who can qualify at the instructor level - to department issue G19 with a department issue G43 for backup. No doubt to simplify training and maintenance.
    Personally I think a liberal weapons policy is better (Chicago or LVMPD style) but if you're gonna go universal, G19/G43 is a very solid way to do that.

Edit: Though as a guy with big old mitts, I hope they keep G17 as an option for bear-paw guys. I really loved my G19 but in a duty carry context I'd prefer a 17 or 34 for better performance at mid-long range and a few extra shots. You'd still keep 99% of the universality.
    Last edited by LockedBreech; 08-22-2018 at 01:58 PM.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Wonder what the troops will do with their present POWs.
    Might be some interesting stuff coming on the market.

Considering that the source is a LEO's sister and she is in the market for something more effective than her J frame, hmm.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Unfortunately I sold mine for some of the same reasons many have listed here I just didn't mush well with it in "stock" form and I didn't want to invest time and money to make it fit for me. I went back to a 19.4 and will add a snubby of some sort.
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CS Tactical View Post
    Unfortunately I sold mine for some of the same reasons many have listed here I just didn't mush well with it in "stock" form and I didn't want to invest time and money to make it fit for me. I went back to a 19.4 and will add a snubby of some sort.
    I've heard early G43s had crap triggers, but the two specimens I bought new back in March had two of the best Glock triggers I've ever shot straight outta the box.

User Tag List