Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Is my G43 worth keeping?

I'm like many others here that have hands too large to grip the 43 properly. I recently tried a friends 365 and had the same problem with it.

It looks like I'll be going back to the Shield for my subcompact carry gun.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Phart View Post
    I'm like many others here that have hands too large to grip the 43 properly. I recently tried a friends 365 and had the same problem with it.

It looks like I'll be going back to the Shield for my subcompact carry gun.
    The shield is a great pistol. Only reason I sold mine is I wanted to use a striker control device.

We're lucky to live in an era with multiple high-quality single stack 9mm subcompacts. I remember not too long ago the choice was Kahr or Kel-tec.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    We're lucky to live in an era with multiple high-quality single stack 9mm subcompacts. I remember not too long ago the choice was Kahr or Kel-tec.
    Which for many of us, wasn't an actual choice. In that era, the only choice for many was a J frame. Not only does my 43 give me 2 extra rounds, I can shoot it WAY better than any J frame / J frame like gun I've owned.

I found the talon grips added just enough extra girth to make it livable for me, might want to try them before you write it off.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Which for many of us, wasn't an actual choice. In that era, the only choice for many was a J frame. Not only does my 43 give me 2 extra rounds, I can shoot it WAY better than any J frame / J frame like gun I've owned.
    Yup, great point. I went with a no lock 442 over the Kahr/Kel-tec. Still have it, won't sell it, but I probably wouldn't buy it now that I own 2x 43s...

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Dodson View Post
    My battle-carry load is 147gr HST, which chronographs at 980 fps.
    It chronos 980 out of the g43?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I'm a tactical operator and Instructor and also retired military."

-read on another forum

Quote Originally Posted by richiecotite View Post
    I got a 940 average out of mine with the 147 HST, NOT +P.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    I don't particularly like the 43, and I want to hate it, but man it just carries so well. While I prefer to and can easily carry a 19 or 17 most of the time, the 43 fills an excellent role where a full size grip might print juuust a bit too much.

Then again, other guns may do it just as well. If you don't like the 43, that's all there is to it.
    Last edited by Darth_Uno; 08-24-2018 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by richiecotite View Post
    Yes. It surprised the shit out of me too. Standard velocity.

Thanks for all the inputs here. I shouldn’t have said I’d replace the 43 with a 19X. They’re for different roles.

I should probably give the 43 another shake. I do want to keep it for its size, for hiking and biking. The 43 would also fit in a hipster fanny pack for when I don’t wear shorts with a belt.

Large-handed people, how did you learn to shoot it well? Was it a matter of trigger finger position, specific drills, or just getting to a certain number of rounds through it?

I don’t see myself in a lot of NPEs. Even the 43 won’t fit in my running shorts. I’m thinking about a Hill People Gear Runner’s Kit Bag for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock,
    who trains my hands for war,
    my fingers for battle.
    -Psalm 144:1

User Tag List