Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is my G43 worth keeping?

Is my G43 worth keeping?

So I took my G43 to the range yesterday for the first time, put 225 rounds through it. I was not impressed with accuracy and shootability. Not sure what I expected there.

When I switched to my G19, I was making shots far more accurately and more quickly. Barely had to think about it, just nice and smooth and fast.

Also, I realized how long 6+1 lasts - not long.

So I’m considering selling the 43 and replacing with a 19X. I’ve had a 26 before and there’s not many times, if any, that I can conceal it but not a 19. I’d like to have another Glock double stack as a backup to my 19.

Thoughts? Anyone consistently choose their 43 over their 19, and did you learn to shoot it well enough to be confident with it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock,
    who trains my hands for war,
    my fingers for battle.
    -Psalm 144:1

Yep. My 19 is actually my least favorite Glock, and my 43 my most favorite. I shoot them equally well.

I personally don't have a use for a G43. My experience is influenced by the fact that I am a XL guy with a XL hand, but I can't get a good grip on it and can't shoot it worth a lick. I still shoot a Glock 26 pretty well, even without a mag extension. I have no problems concealing something the size of a G19, and going much smaller doesn't make much of a difference for me in a belt holster. If I need to go smaller I would put a G26 in a pocket holster with *no round in the chamber*. The length and height are pretty close between the G26 and 43. The benefit of the width while shooting outweighs the concealment cost and weight, at least for me.

I'm in the same boat as you. I shoot my 43 the worst of all my Glocks. I shoot my 19.5 better than any other Glock. My 26.5 I run off duty and I run it as it was intended, no pinkie extension. I shoot the 26.5 almost as well as the 19.5, just slightly slower. The 43 is the hardest for me to shoot accurately or fast. I don't have big hands but I think the 43 is just too small. I keep it as my deep concealment gun...

Can't help you with the 19X. I'm still trying to figure out why when it comes to the 19X. If I'm running a full size grip why not have the extra half inch of barrel/ sight radius. Not knocking the 19X by any means and I really would like to shoot/ purchase one, I just can't bring myself to drop the coin on it.

I also shoot my G43 worse than all my other Gs. Difference is, the G43 fills a niche that none of the others can. I'll be keeping mine, practicing when I can and carrying it in all the NPE that the extra bulge from the double stacks would give a "hey, what's in your pants" look/conversation.

I miss my M&P Shield.

G43 is a BUG and NPE-est gun for me. It takes more work, but you can run them quite respectably. Putting Hackathorn sights and the new OEM connector helped.

Practice, practice.

Last edited by ST911; 08-20-2018 at 10:57 PM.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Vending Machine Operator
    I have kept my G43 because the pistol is developing a reputation for extreme reliability and I really, really like the sights. (Ameriglo TCAP Yellow)

But to be completely honest, I preferred both my PPS M1 and my Shield 1.0 and wish I had not sold them.

It's hard to explain, but the G43 and my large hand do not get along. It always feels faintly...jabby, in my palm. The Shield and PPS were both more comfortable for my hands.

In terms of quality, I think the 43 is excellent. There's no issue with the gun, just my hands.
    Last edited by LockedBreech; 08-20-2018 at 11:01 PM.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Banned
    SEABISCUIT SAID: So I took my G43 to the range yesterday for the first time, put 225 rounds through it. I was not impressed with accuracy and shootability. Not sure what I expected there.

When I switched to my G19, I was making shots far more accurately and more quickly. Barely had to think about it, just nice and smooth and fast.

So I’m considering selling the 43 and replacing with a 19X. I’ve had a 26 before and there’s not many times, if any, that I can conceal it but not a 19. I’d like to have another Glock double stack as a backup to my 19.

Thoughts? Anyone consistently choose their 43 over their 19, and did you learn to shoot it well enough to be confident with it? END QUOTE

I don't own a 43. So I can't comment on that but if you don't have a gun that fills the role of deep concealmeant you might want to hang on to it.

I wouldn't own a 19X in Colorado because it's not even questionable the magazines are illegal and there's not even reasonable doubt because they weren't made before the law went into effect.
    Last edited by Cypher; 08-20-2018 at 11:11 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    SEABISCUIT SAID: So I took my G43 to the range yesterday for the first time, put 225 rounds through it. I was not impressed with accuracy and shootability. Not sure what I expected there.

Thoughts? Anyone consistently choose their 43 over their 19, and did you learn to shoot it well enough to be confident with it? END QUOTE

I don't own a 43. So I can't comment on that but if you don't have a gun that fills the role of deep concealmeant you might want to hang on to it.

I wouldn't own a 19X in Colorado because it's not even questionable the magazines are illegal and there's not even reasonable doubt because they weren't made before the law went into effect.
    10 round magazines and pre-ban G17 magazines will run in that G19x.

Yes, you should probably keep the 43, or get another bitty gun you like better. Work with it, get mag-guts and get a couple more rounds in it. Every 43 I’ve shot has worked well, but my wife hated the recoil and loved the 42, so we got a pair of those. And they work, as well. I also have a 26. Excellent gun. If I’m going larger than the 26, I’m going to the 19x or a 17. I see no advantage going to the 19: larger than the 26, and still doesn’t have quite long enough a grip to fully accommodate my hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    There are lots of 19X's floating around CO. If the buyer can't own >15 round mags the dealer will often swap them out or disassemble them into rebuild kits, perfectly legal so long as the buyer only uses the parts to rebuild mags possessed before the ban went into effect.. Glock also makes 15-round mags for the G17 that are reliable. And for all I know, Seabiscuit might be exempt from the mag capacity limit.
    Last edited by Bigghoss; 08-20-2018 at 11:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

User Tag List