Thread: RMR in a hot car all day?

RMR in a hot car all day?

Will it damage it? All I've found online is some folks say that if it gets too hot, you have to wait a few minutes because it won't operate until it cools down. What I'm trying to find out, tho, is - is it bad for it? Reduce the service life? Increase chance of failure?

Anyone have any actual experiences with this? Theories are great an all but more interested in hearing from those of you that HAVE done this. I'm in KS, it gets HOT in summer. Spent 20 yr in FL and didn't see great like this.
    "Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty" ~ Thomas Jefferson

Never had an issue at any temp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    Never had an issue at any temp.

You mean like - you've left you'd in a car, in summer, for extended periods of time?
    "Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty" ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by JATA View Post
    You mean like - you've left you'd in a car, in summer, for extended periods of time?
    12ish to 18 hours in AZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    12ish to 18 hours in AZ.

Same for me in FL. No issues other than it'll absorb some ambient heat and disperse that to your skin when you go to put the pistol back on. I haven't found any issues at the range, post optic being left. Granted, it does take me about 30min to get to the range from the airport, so there's a little cool down before I get there.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JATA View Post
    Will it damage it? All I've found online is some folks say that if it gets too hot, you have to wait a few minutes because it won't operate until it cools down. What I'm trying to find out, tho, is - is it bad for it? Reduce the service life? Increase chance of failure?

Anyone have any actual experiences with this? Theories are great an all but more interested in hearing from those of you that HAVE done this. I'm in KS, it gets HOT in summer. Spent 20 yr in FL and didn't see great like this.
    12 hrs. in Florida in a lock box under the seat no issue so far.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Awesome, thanks guys.

User Tag List