Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G43 Trigger Safety Issue

G43 Trigger Safety Issue

Hi all,

I have a G43 I bought approximately a year ago. It has been absolutely great and it is my edc. However, I did have one issue with it so far. The trigger safety pin has backed out slightly. It first happened not long after I bought it. It was only out slightly and I was able to push it back in, but I replaced the trigger with a Glock OEM replacement just to be safe. Well now its happened again. I don't have a really accurate round count, but if I had to guess, I'd say this gun has under 1k. Im trying to figure out what to do with this thing next. Im not going to keep buying triggers every couple hundred rounds. I'm planning to call Glock on Monday, but I am a little concerned they will want me to pay to ship it to them. Has anyone else seen this happen or know what the cause is? Is there an updated trigger/bar assembly?

Thanks!
    Nate

Can you post a picture?

There was a recent security camera video of an unintentional discharge incident that could have resulted from this issue, and there have been some news articles recently describing this issue as the causal factor in at least one recent law enforcement unintentional discharge.

I'm very curious to hear more about this, Glock's reply, and what can/will be done to fix and/or prevent it.

Site Supporter
    Wow...yeah the first thing I thought of was that AD video of the G43.

Yes, this is very concerning. Thanks for posting. I’m going to insect my G43 (early manufacture).
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

G43 Trigger Safety Issue

Wow! Thank you all for the reply’s, I hadn’t heard of anything like that. I had pretty much decided to discontinue carrying the G43 until I get this resolved, but now I certainly will! Do you guys think I should avoid telling Glock that I’ve already replaced it once(I’m not an armorer)?

I can’t find my pic from before, but there is one in the thread at this link, post #4, https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/g4...y-pin.1686633/

I started that thread last time.

The pin I’m talking about is circled in red. For me it’s only walked out a tiny little bit and is still tight in the hole, almost wouldn’t know its abnormal until you push on it and hear it snap back in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by leathermaneod; 08-19-2018 at 12:06 PM.

Just checked mine, BFTW prefix serial, and no issue. Should be shooting again Thursday, so I'll recheck. Will be watching this thread closely.

Any info or links to the recent AD/ND mentioned above?

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    Just checked mine, BFTW prefix serial, and no issue. Should be shooting again Thursday, so I'll recheck. Will be watching this thread closely.

Any info or links to the recent AD/ND mentioned above?
    Glad to hear yours is ok. The really strange thing with mine is, it did it with the original factory trigger and the replacement I bought from NDZ Performance.

Quote Originally Posted by leathermaneod View Post
    Glad to hear yours is ok. The really strange thing with mine is, it did it with the original factory trigger and the replacement I bought from NDZ Performance.

Could be from same production run, which may or may not of had an issue, it's really hard to say. This is the first i've heard of it, though. I started carrying mine pretty regularly, since the start of summer, so I'm certainly interested in seeing what comes of this. There are quite a few G43's here, with a lot of members sprawling out to other boards and organizations, so we'll see what starts to shake out.
    Last edited by StraitR; 08-19-2018 at 01:27 PM.

You all have SCDs on your 43s, right? The things that go up?
    Ignore Alien Orders

G43 Trigger Safety Issue

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    You all have SCDs on your 43s, right? The things that go up?
    I do now, but I did not when I first had the issue.

Last edited by leathermaneod; 08-19-2018 at 01:35 PM.

User Tag List