Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: USPSA Nationals Leaves Colorado

USPSA Nationals Leaves Colorado

From USPSA

The USPSA Nationals that were scheduled to be held October 11-17th at the Cameo Shooting Sports and Educational Complex in Palisades, CO have been rescheduled to the CMP Marksmanship Park in Talladega, AL.

After the recent 2 Gun Nationals that were held at the Cameo Range, The Colorado Parks and Wildlife that operates the state run facility implemented new procedures with regards to an affidavit for "Compliance with the Law" Declaration that all competitors would have to, under perjury, complete. USPSA made the decision to refuse to participate in this and choose to reschedule and relocate Nationals.

The real meaning is that you would have to swear you are not bringing full capacity and extended magazines to Colorado.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post

The real meaning is that you would have to swear you are not bringing full capacity and extended magazines to Colorado.
    Or attest that you have owned them continuously since prior to the enactment of the law.

Probably easier to just move the venue.

Remember, as we learned from Martha Stewart, it's not the crime that puts you in jail but rather lying about it.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    As someone about to move to Colorado - I find this disappointing. That said - I know that the same dark forces that control Kalifornia have a strong hold in Colorado as well. This just reminds me that while I am taking a step towards freedom it is only a half step.

Maybe my vote will count? Ha ha ha……..

I remember when the USPSA leadership told competitors “hey don’t worry about it!” when people not wanting to purjure themselves said “hey, Colorado isn’t a smart location for hicap Nats….”

I went to Cameo this year with my 22 round mags, and last year as well. I thought that, besides enjoying great matches, excellent facility, and a pretty nice town, helping folks of Mesa County and Western Slope to extend their middle fingers towards Denver was a good thing to do. This was all based on pretty solid info that local law enforcement wouldn't go after competitors. Obviously, we didn't have to fill any affidavits. I am disappointed that the Wildlife made this move but I am sure it was pushed down from Denver. I'll see how this looks next year, because I've owned those mags for as long as I remember. Maybe longer.

I am ambivalent about USPSA's original decision. I support the general idea of not giving in to antis; on the other hand, holding the Nationals at, at best, questionable from a legal standpoint location doesn't show good leadership skills.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

How many people compete at Nationals and what is a usual entry fee? I hope its a bunch of money that Colorado is losing.
    "Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells." Robert Ruark

IDPA Too

IDPA is stuck in Colorado this year but will bail out in 2023.

https://www.idpa.com/update-from-joy...JrLBzjL897snsw
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post
    How many people compete at Nationals and what is a usual entry fee? I hope its a bunch of money that Colorado is losing.

Depends on how many divisions compete at the same timeframe and venue. I am going to say, probably three hundred per division? This was a four division match, so a lot of people. Grand Junction would've made a good chunk on hotels, food, and car rentals. @cheby has signed up for both CO and Limited Nats, he can tell exactly how high are entry fees. That money goes to USPSA, and I am curious how they are going to handle refunds.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    As someone about to move to Colorado - I find this disappointing. That said - I know that the same dark forces that control Kalifornia have a strong hold in Colorado as well. This just reminds me that while I am taking a step towards freedom it is only a half step.

Maybe my vote will count? Ha ha ha……..
    That's because half the people in CO are from CA. We have the same problem here in WA.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

User Tag List