Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 1911 LW commander which one

1911 LW commander which one

I'm in the market for a lightweight commander. I've narrowed my search to S&W 1911SC, Colt LW commander or Sig C3 but I'm open to Ruger and Remington. The S&W is the most expensive and a little out of my price range. Any opinions and experience would be appreciated.

I've had a Colt Wiley Clapp LW Commander for a few years now and it's worked perfectly. Hard to beat for the price.

Will you leave the gun stock or are you going to have work done? If the gun will be customized your best bet is Colt. Some smiths work on clones but they'll all work on Colt.

Anyway, here's a Ruger I'll probably buy at some point:

https://ruger.com/products/sr1911/specSheets/6720.html

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tokarev; 08-18-2018 at 07:39 PM.

I'll keep it stock. That Ruger looks nice. I prefer strong side safety only.

My experience with the SW1911 scandium frame commander has been outstanding, had it several years. I would say it compares favorably with the expensive custom makers.

A friend has the Ruger LWC and it has been very reliable for him, I shot it once and thought it was a decent option.

Look at the offers from Dan Wesson. Vigil and Guardian models are especially nice. Highly recommended.

I’d suggest that Dan Wesson is worth the extra money; I know it’s quite a bit, but they’re extremely well done.

You’ll sure love it, by the way.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    I’d suggest that Dan Wesson is worth the extra money; I know it’s quite a bit, but they’re extremely well done.

You’ll sure love it, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911Nut View Post
    Look at the offers from Dan Wesson. Vigil and Guardian models are especially nice. Highly recommended.
    Dan Wesson guns are pretty nice but not cheap.

If I had that kind of budget I'd probably buy a Colt and send it to Don Williams for a bit of tuning. Maybe add night sights.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    I’d stick with the colt. The Wiley clapp model is very nice. If you want to spend more I would look hard at a dan Wesson

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    If I had that kind of budget I'd probably buy a Colt and send it to Don Williams for a bit of tuning. Maybe add night sights.
    Believe me when I say I enjoy letting Wilson

Or Morrison

Play with a nice Colt LWC. I like the ponies, a lot, but DW yields more for less, faster.
    Ignore Alien Orders

User Tag List