Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Meanwhile, in "Mayberry"...

Meanwhile, in "Mayberry"...

...take nothing for granted.

This occurred about 4 miles from my home.

BREVARD, N.C. (WLOS) —
    Brevard Police say a 68-year-old man was shot overnight. It happened around 1:30 a.m. in the parking lot of the Cardinal Drive-in restaurant on South Broad Street.

Police Chief Phil Harris tells News 13 that two employees were leaving the restaurant with the deposit when a gunman approached them and demanded the money. Police say after the suspect robbed them, he shot one of the employees above the stomach.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Company policy was likely to comply and never carry a weapon because if you comply you won’t get hurt.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

CWM11B
    The myth of "Mayberry" is debunked yet again

If there was ever a real Mayberry it was ruined the second people moved there.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

I have been staying in an air B&B 4 blocks from this incident. The laws here are much more restrictive toward lawful carry when compared to Michigan. I feel like being armed here is great, just don’t try to enter a library or place of business with the dreaded line through a gun decal sits on a door...

This is a great area (and State) in every other regard. Wish they would entrust their CCW permittes with the same rights as the unarmed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    People would ask me where a good safe place to live was. I always replied I don’t know but if I figure it out I’m moving there and not telling anybody else. My first thought was if it was an inside job. I saw too many robbery’s with the convict boyfriend of an employee. A big clue was the cctv wasn’t working. Surprise surprise
    Last edited by Poconnor; 08-18-2018 at 01:27 PM.

Wonder what Mayberry would have looked like under Sheriff Willis McCall.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

CWM11B
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuin View Post
    I have been staying in an air B&B 4 blocks from this incident. The laws here are much more restrictive toward lawful carry when compared to Michigan. I feel like being armed here is great, just don’t try to enter a library or place of business with the dreaded line through a gun decal sits on a door...

This is a great area (and State) in every other regard. Wish they would entrust their CCW permittes with the same rights as the unarmed.

With the exception of government facilities that are no go for CCH by statute, any business with that sign is merely the owners exercising their private property rights. I simply choose not to patronize them, even though the sign does not apply to me.

Understood. There are minor differences ( which are to be expected, I suppose). I am covered by LEOSA, but in NC, there appear to be no differences to an out of state carry permit. My MI permit allows carrying in gun free zones in MI...as you say, a no-go here.

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    With the exception of government facilities that are no go for CCH by statute, any business with that sign is merely the owners exercising their private property rights. I simply choose not to patronize them, even though the sign does not apply to me.
    I can't think of a single place I haven't been able to carry but for the post office or court.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List