Thread: Louisiana AG Denies $600M to Banks Over Gun Control

Site Supporter

Louisiana AG Denies $600M to Banks Over Gun Control

Louisiana Attorney General Denies $600 Million to Citibank, Bank of America Over Gun Control

Louisiana Attorney General Jeff Landry and the state’s Bond Commission denied $600 million to Citibank and Bank of America over the gun control stance adopted by both companies
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

I'm glad to see this but it's still barely a rounding error out of the almost $4 trillion muni bond market. NY and CA unfortunately wield a ton more clout here.

I’d like to see more if that along with law suits for anything they can think of. Civil rights violations, equal protection.....

Now if he can get some other states to join in it might have an impact

Still, the man and the effort deserve credit and I hope he will inspire others to grow a pair as well.

I say well done, sir.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

The Louisiana Bond market is hardly a financial deal breaker for those banks. Even if every pro gun municipality dropped these behemoths from bond talks, they’d just do business with folks overseas. I doubt the municipal governments in Europe oppose an anti gun corporate stance.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    The Louisiana Bond market is hardly a financial deal breaker for those banks. Even if every pro gun municipality dropped these behemoths from bond talks, they’d just do business with folks overseas. I doubt the municipal governments in Europe oppose an anti gun corporate stance.
    or... they could do nothing and nothing would change for certain.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    or... they could do nothing and nothing would change for certain.
    Nothing will change anyway, besides the ability of municipalities to fund necessary capital improvement projects. If you’re going to protest, make sure the protest is effective.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Site Supporter
    Nothing will change anyway, besides the ability of municipalities to fund necessary capital improvement projects. If you’re going to protest, make sure the protest is effective.
    Putting your (taxpayers) money where your mouth is can sometimes inspire others.

Goethe: ‘Be bold and mighty forces will come to your aid.’

If you’re going to protest, make sure the protest is effective.
    This is not my logic when I vote libertarian.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List