Thread: Remginton Black Belt.SD pistol ammo

Remington Black Belt.SD pistol ammo

Well this looks like it could be promising. I properly won't stop using HST and Gold Dot but its always nice to have other options.

https://www.remington.com/ammunition...ber-black-belt
    Last edited by Prdator; 08-17-2018 at 04:25 AM.
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

The Golden Sabre does have a decent track record and it’s only real issue was core/jacket separation. It only took them forever to get around to essentially what Hornady has been doing for years with their Critical Defense/Duty loads.

Could be good, but I’ll believe it when I see it. It is Remington after all and their ammo QA/QC isn’t exactly anything to write home about.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

I'm carrying normal .357 golden sabers right now. That being said I don't know why they made these black belt ones when they had a very good bonded bullet.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    That being said I don't know why they made these black belt ones when they had a very good bonded bullet.
    The answer to that is generally "marketing".
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

The Rem bonded load is much better, but is likely more expensive and harder to fabricate, so cuts into profits...
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Would’ve been a *lot* cooler if they’d called it the Bonded Brass Jacketed purple belt, and probably more effcetive in a real fight, to boot.

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

I have 230gr Golden Sabers in my .45. I got a good deal on them, $19 a box. Out of a 4in barrel M&P they chronograph 798fps avg, which to me was a touch slow. I was expecting to see closer to 825, but 800 is fine. Based on my results and the readings I’ve seen across various boards it appears to me that Golden’s Sabers are fairly barrel length dependent for velocity. Most 45s are barrel length dependent, but I regularly see 230s spec’d at 890fps making 850 in a 4in barrel. I hope the GSBB addresses that issue, if it is one. Golden Sabers seem to expand and penetrate down to about 700fps so it’s probably a non-issue.

I would really like to see some good testing of the black belt in 9,40 and 45.
    Last edited by Hot Cereal; 08-29-2018 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Would’ve been a *lot* cooler if they’d called it the Bonded Brass Jacketed purple belt, and probably more effcetive in a real fight, to boot.

Except it's not bonded.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

User Tag List