Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Admiral McRaven Running for President?

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Remember when folks in the intelligence and special operations community didn’t write books and stayed out of politics and the public spotlight in general. Different world.
    No, I don't remember that.

Rex Applegate
    Fairbairn
    Ed Lovette
    Dick Marcinko
    Greg Walker

Just to name a few on my shelves. I probably have books on my shelves from half a dozen or more former intelligence/spec-ops guys. Some are fiction most are non-fiction, they run the gamut of "informational manuals" to "political discussions in disguise". I've had some of them since I was four or five years old. As long as their have been soldiers, there have been soldiers who have written books. The existence of special operations soldiers, particularly since WWII has only increased interest in those books. And it wasn't just "intelligence/spec-ops" writing books either. The number of books written by contemporaries of or directly by presidents, military commanders, and state department members is exceedingly high.

I honestly think that what you're seeing right now is more a reflection of the fact that there are more special operations personnel now than ever before. The percentage of those that write books is the same, but there are simply more of them.

Site Supporter
    Trump talks like an idiot and goofball at times. Thankfully I'm not immature and I can look past that. Is he perfect? Again , nope!

But who cares? He's stopping the left, fighting our enemies, supporting our allies (or calling them out), making America more business friendly, and just being a great president.

Yea it would be great if he was a nice talker and made you feel funny inside. However I'll take him over any leftist, and over Bush, McCain, Romney, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post

Can anyone admit that we would not be further along if Donald was just act like an adult and deal with policies? That other folks act like children doesn't excuse him. This back and forth contest of who has the biggest idiot out there for their party is really useful, now isn't it.
    I’m not sure that we would be in any different a position if DJT were a smooth talking snake oil salesman. Maybe we would, but I doubt. There is a fundamental rift between DJT’s supposed vision for the nation and what the established political trends are. Don’t matter if we are looking at the DNC or the RNC. I say supposed, simply cause I’ve not met the man and can’t speak to any potential alterior motives he has.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Remember when folks in the intelligence and special operations community didn’t write books and stayed out of politics and the public spotlight in general. Different world.
    When it comes to members of the SOC community rewriting history, discussing classified operations, or just generally taking a crap on their brothers - yes, I long for them to take a sip of STFU.

On the other hand, I don’t have much problem with guys like McRaven writing about or discussing their philosophies on leadership or their perspective on the issues of the day. What can I say, his commencement speech at UT made me want to make-up my bed - for a week.

My real point in starting this thread is that this guy appears to be running for office; he probably wants to be President. The fact that he unloaded on Trump and snuggled up to the Parkland students tells me that he’s not a Republican. So, people can call him a fool or a traitor if they want. At this phase, I prefer to call him formidable and look forward to seeing how he handles the media spotlight.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Sorry, us Austinites can't hear you over the sound of 3.1% unemployment.
    That is a non sequitur of a response. But if it's not:

So it's OK to sell out to Putin so long as unemployment is low? What is your unemployment percentage at which you won't tolerate conspiring with the Russians to tamper with an election?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    When it comes to members of the SOC community rewriting history, discussing classified operations, or just generally taking a crap on their brothers - yes, I long for them to take a sip of STFU.

On the other hand, I don’t have much problem with guys like McRaven writing about or discussing their philosophies on leadership or their perspective on the issues of the day. What can I say, his commencement speech at UT made me want to make-up my bed - for a week.

My real point in starting this thread is that this guy appears to be running for office; he probably wants to be President. The fact that he unloaded on Trump and snuggled up to the Parkland students tells me that he’s not a Republican. So, people can call him a fool or a traitor if they want. At this phase, I prefer to call him formidable and look forward to seeing how he handles the media spotlight.
    He is a progressive, just like most of these folks in both parties. I despise progressives in both parties. I despise progressives in LE and the military as well. Two places that can really use strict Constitutional conservatives are those. Two places that are also turning into breeding grounds for playing politics for power, and it isn’t stopping. I would imagine the top levels of the military are as disgusting as the top levels of the FBI and DOJ. We have lost our way at every level and I am just watching decline trying to figure out how to allow my kid to end up on the winning team at the end.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post

So it's OK to sell out to Putin so long as unemployment is low? What is your unemployment percentage at which you won't tolerate conspiring with the Russians to tamper with an election?

"Get me Stephanie's address. I want to send package."
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post

So, I am genuinely curious. Do you really believe what you wrote?

This is not to be cute, I just would like to know.

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    Is t he the guy who thought civilians have no need for AR15’s a while back??
    Nope...at least not the one you are probably thinking of:

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/50400806/t...s-not-schools/

Compared to Obama’s “Tell Vlad” hot mike, and Hilary was up to her eyeballs in Russian money. Know what....Russians are the enemy. Period. No one has been cozier with them than the Liberal progressives only followed by the progressive “Republicans”. They are still at war with the west and winning their new style of warfare. Reagan won the Cold War. We are losing the corruption and social media driven war....badly. This is all a complete laughable joke. The press is fully entrenched in an agenda and journalism is totally dead. Politics is wholly donor and power driven. Both sides are guilty as hell. And with that you get Trump....who is a narcissistic guy all about Trump who tells a totally left out bunch of folks exactly what they want to hear. Again, welcome to Rome....full of corrupt politicians and generals. The whole thing is cyclical.
    Last edited by Dagga Boy; 08-17-2018 at 06:07 PM.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

User Tag List