Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Admiral McRaven Running for President?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.e7ad997359ad

Not one individual. More like a Greek Chorus.

Site Supporter
    Is t he the guy who thought civilians have no need for AR15’s a while back??
    That was Trump depending on the random fluctuations of his frontal lobes on a given day or hour.

Both parties are shit. Deluded tribalists think their guy or gal is wonderful. They chortle over middle school level insults about the other side.

I listen to folks who get all excited that Trump or Fox News said this or Rachel Maddow and some Democratic poll said that. Good for you. How about an intellectual debate about how policies will benefit the country?

How long has it been since we had someone who a genuine military career and background run this country? I'm not talking "was a veteran" - I'm talking genuine full-on career of making hard decisions and living with the consequences? By my count that would have been...Eisenhower. And under Eisenhower, we had an excellent economy, we got out of Korea and avoided going into Vietnam, we had infrastructural development on an unprecedented scale, we had civil rights advances, the Cold War was at its calmest, we had respect from our allies and our enemies.

Do I think Admiral McRaven could accomplish all of that as president? No. But boy, I sure would like to have a president who wasn't a fucking moron. Someone who has been there, done it, sent men to do it, and lived with the consequences of it every day. Someone who has made HARD decisions in life, someone who doesn't need a bunch of yes-men surrounding him to make a decision.

I'd have to wait and see what McRaven's stance on various things are, before I'd vote for him, but a genuine military man with a great record has appeal.

Besides, who doesn't want a president that could beat up other presidents? In a fight do you give to Putin or McRaven? - Better McRaven against Kim-Jong Un?
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 08-17-2018 at 12:54 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post

I'd have to wait and see what McRaven's stance on various things are, before I'd vote for him, but a genuine military man with a great record has appeal.
    https://www.businessinsider.com/admi...courage-2018-2
    https://www.vox.com/2018/2/22/170399...kland-shooting
    https://www.npr.org/2015/06/05/41217...hancellor-says
    https://www.texastribune.org/2015/01...s-safe-enviro/

Um. No.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    How about an intellectual debate about how policies will benefit the country?
    Wishful thinking there brother Meyer.

About the only thing the majority of this nation could have an intellectual debate about is whose Facebook, Instachat, Twatter whatchamaboppie is the coolest.

When it comes to debating meaningful topics, this nation has become nothing more than a bunch of morons repeating what they heard from somewhere. This is the root cause of this nations ills. Close to 400MM people who lack critical thinking skills. Those of us here who can discuss topics and even admit when we are wrong are a super minority.

Remember when folks in the intelligence and special operations community didn’t write books and stayed out of politics and the public spotlight in general. Different world.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    How long has it been since we had someone who a genuine military career and background run this country? I'm not talking "was a veteran" - I'm talking genuine full-on career of making hard decisions and living with the consequences? By my count that would have been...Eisenhower. And under Eisenhower, we had an excellent economy, we got out of Korea and avoided going into Vietnam, we had infrastructural development on an unprecedented scale, we had civil rights advances, the Cold War was at its calmest, we had respect from our allies and our enemies.

Do I think Admiral McRaven could accomplish all of that as president? No. But boy, I sure would like to have a president who wasn't a fucking moron. Someone who has been there, done it, sent men to do it, and lived with the consequences of it every day. Someone who has made HARD decisions in life, someone who doesn't need a bunch of yes-men surrounding him to make a decision.

Besides, who doesn't want a president that could beat up other presidents? In a fight do you give to Putin or McRaven? - Better McRaven against Kim-Jong Un?
    Mattis... or should I say, Mad Dog 2020 for President?
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Sorry, us Austinites can't hear you over the sound of 3.1% unemployment.
    Are you looking for sympathy?Name:  op.jpg
Views: 486
Size:  38.9 KB

Both sides are generally full of shit theses days.

The radical 5% far left, and 5% far right, drown out the 90% in the middle who are calm and relatively sane. The cameras only point toward absurdity and asinine comments these days. I long for sanity to return.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Site Supporter
    Remember when folks in the entertainment and business community didn’t write books and stayed out of politics and the political spotlight in general. Different world.

In Back to the Future, Marty McFly was asked by Doc Brown who was president in the Future. Marty said Ronald Reagan and Doc broke out laughing and said he was nuts.

In a modern remake, Doc would ask and Marty would say Donald Trump.

Anyone who wants to be president shouldn't be allowed, it seems. Only the nuts, sociopaths, zealots and greedy step forward. Add those from political families who think they are entitled to rule the masses.

Can anyone admit that we would not be further along if Donald was just act like an adult and deal with policies? That other folks act like children doesn't excuse him. This back and forth contest of who has the biggest idiot out there for their party is really useful, now isn't it.

User Tag List