Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Admiral McRaven Running for President?

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    In a discussion about Trump's Enemies List and one retired admiral's protest about it, a mention of the jobs index is about as irrelevant as it gets.
    Unless you're signaling that it's OK with you if Trump acts like a member of the Junior Tyrants' Club, so long as unemployment is low.

In the context of the OP's post, what does the unemployment rate have to do with anything?
    Austin may be liberal but our economy stomps the rest of the state.

All I can say is “thank God for Trump”.

I can’t even begin to comment on how asinine the “Trump is a gun grabber” arguments are… as if any of the cuckservatives wouldn’t have passed another AWB after Parkland…

McRaven is a tired last gasp before the death rattle of the neocon movement. His service has nothing to do with his horrible political philosophies and with no disrespect to our active duty military members and veterans, we don’t have a warrior caste in the US – we are all citizens equal before the law and sharing the same rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Gater View Post
    Nope...at least not the one you are probably thinking of:

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/50400806/t...s-not-schools/
    But he stated that LTC on campus will not make campuses safer in the NPR story linked above.
    Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer.

Well, it’s time to resurrect this thread. It looks like this guy may be running after all...or, perhaps laying the groundwork for one of his former colleagues.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...ent/ar-AAIWos8

“And if this president doesn’t understand their importance, if this president doesn’t demonstrate the leadership that America needs, both domestically and abroad, then it is time for a new person in the Oval Office — Republican, Democrat or independent — the sooner, the better. The fate of our Republic depends upon it.“

I’m calling it now - McRaven/Mattis 2020. #sarcasm
    Last edited by Sensei; 10-18-2019 at 11:52 PM.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    I’m calling it now - McRaven/Mattis 2020. #sarcasm
    But Camacho wins in a landslide. #Idiocracy2020
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    How long has it been since we had someone who a genuine military career and background run this country? I'm not talking "was a veteran" - I'm talking genuine full-on career of making hard decisions and living with the consequences? By my count that would have been...Eisenhower. And under Eisenhower, we had an excellent economy, we got out of Korea and avoided going into Vietnam, we had infrastructural development on an unprecedented scale, we had civil rights advances, the Cold War was at its calmest, we had respect from our allies and our enemies.

Do I think Admiral McRaven could accomplish all of that as president? No. But boy, I sure would like to have a president who wasn't a fucking moron. Someone who has been there, done it, sent men to do it, and lived with the consequences of it every day. Someone who has made HARD decisions in life, someone who doesn't need a bunch of yes-men surrounding him to make a decision.

I'd have to wait and see what McRaven's stance on various things are, before I'd vote for him, but a genuine military man with a great record has appeal.

Besides, who doesn't want a president that could beat up other presidents? In a fight do you give to Putin or McRaven? - Better McRaven against Kim-Jong Un?
    Rex Tillerson would probably agree with that. He didn't call Trump a moron though, he called him an idiot. I'm not sure there's a lot of difference. I do know there's a lot of difference between Tillerson and Mr. Stepin Fetchit though.
    Last edited by Borderland; 10-19-2019 at 09:34 AM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    The difference between moron and idiot used to be a technical terminology when the Binet IQ tests were developed. The terms were dropped as they became perjorative. The IQ criteria based on the distribution of IQ scores and the standard deviations were well mapped out on charts. Not going to bother to look them up.

Someone who is interested in discerning whether Trump is an idiot or moron can do that.

There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Man, he makes some great meme-able expressions!

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    The difference between moron and idiot used to be a technical terminology when the Binet IQ tests were developed. The terms were dropped as they became perjorative. The IQ criteria based on the distribution of IQ scores and the standard deviations were well mapped out on charts. Not going to bother to look them up.

Someone who is interested in discerning whether Trump is an idiot or moron can do that.
    I'm not because the difference really doesn't matter to me.

Trump is still the president. How he got there is what really matters to me.
    Last edited by Borderland; 10-19-2019 at 10:39 AM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

User Tag List