So on Monday Shopify (one of the largest ecommerce webhosting platforms) changed their terms of service to ban most firearm sales as well as "80% frames" and most parts associated with those guns. This has left a lot of firearms businesses scrambling to rebuild their entire web presence as Shopify does not provide a way to transfer most of your business data from their platform.

http://fortune.com/2018/08/15/shopif...-printed-guns/

I find this especially hypocritical as a year ago Shopify's CEO published this article in which he spoke about commerce as free speech and justified hosting stores with unpopular products as "free speech".

Some companies such as Spike's Tactical have invested over $100,000 in development of their website with Shopify, which the company has no arbitrarily decided they will no longer support. On a personal level this has also impacted my company as we try to figure out how to cope with this as a small business. I would conjecture that one of the major reasons many firearms companies chose Shopify was their stance on "commerce as free speech" and that they did not restrict the sale of firearms or accessories in any way in their terms of service.