Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trijicon RMR wins USSOCOM Handgun Reflex Sight (HRS) Contract

Site Supporter

Trijicon RMR wins USSOCOM Handgun Reflex Sight (HRS) Contract

Bhttp://soldiersystems.net/2018/08/16...edium=facebook

Trijicon Awarded $7.6 Mil for USSOCOM Miniature Aiming System – Day Optics Program

USSOCOM has selected the Trijicon solution for their Miniature Aiming System – Day Optics Program. Under MAS-D, there are four different systems: Handgun Reflex Sight, Close Quarters Sight, Squad Variable Power Scope and Precision Variable Power Scope.

This award is for the Handgun Reflex Sight (HRS), which is designed for rapid day and night pistol target engagements. It incorporates an illuminated dot or shape imposed on a Wide Field of View (WFOV) lens to increase the speed of target acquisition when maneuvering in confined spaces, or in extremis if the primary weapon malfunctions.

With Trijicon winning it is based on their RMR Type 2 and will assuredly be mounted to SOCOM’s Glock 19s.
    The award was decided on best value. SOCOM plans to field over 14,000 of these optics to its various components.
    So, we were talking about RDS on handguns being the standard “in the future”.......
    Last edited by HCM; 08-16-2018 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    So, we were talking about RDS on handguns being the standard “in the future”.......
    SOCOM standardizing on G19.3 MOS, M17/M18 cut for RDS, The HSI/ICE guns being spec'ed for RDS, CBP asking for RDS compatibility ... Yup, welcome to the future.

I'm really surprised the Glock XM17 didn't have an RDS cut.

I wonder how this differs from the commercial type 2. Hopefully this contract helps their QC.
    Last edited by tcba_joe; 08-16-2018 at 01:14 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by tcba_joe View Post
    SOCOM standardizing on G19.3 MOS, M17/M18 cut for RDS, The HSI/ICE guns being spec'ed for RDS, CBP asking for RDS compatibility ... Yup, welcome to the future.

I'm really surprised the Glock XM17 didn't have an RDS cut.

I wonder how this differs from the commercial type 2. Hopefully this contract helps their QC.
    The SOCOM guns are 19.4 MOS and the ICE issued guns are not RDS compatible but the 17/19 MOS are approved as optional personally owned weapons. They are still testing optics.

If Trijicon doesn’t offer the SOCOM RMR commercially they are refusing free money.

If Trijicon doesn’t offer the SOCOM RMR commercially they are refusing free money.
    If some vendor took the grunt work out of assembly and sold the whole Mk27 G19 Package w/RMR they would sell out before the second thread page on ARFCOM.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

This makes perfect sense and isn’t really surprising, since units in group have been using RMRs on their Glocks for a bit now.

The SOCOM guns are 19.4 MOS and the ICE issued guns are not RDS compatible but the 17/19 MOS are approved as optional personally owned weapons. They are still testing optics.

I guess got the ICE and CBP offerings conflated.

Interesting on the G19.4 MOS. There's a user on ARFCOM who is a SOCOM armorer. He's been reporting G19.3 MOS and has posted pictures of them.

I agree with you on Trijicon needing to sell the SOCOM issued RMR. Frankly, it's a huge pet peeve of mine when a company gets a contract and doesn't offer a civilian version of their product, even when the "updated civilian version" (IE; nothing like the contract part) is reportedly better. LVAW, SURG, etc... SIG and others brag about these big contracts then refuse to sell a civilian version.

Site Supporter

I wonder what the difference is between the type 2 and the contract RMR. Perhaps the auto-adjust feature will be different (hopefully).

Quote Originally Posted by tcba_joe View Post
    I guess got the ICE and CBP offerings conflated.

Interesting on the G19.4 MOS. There's a user on ARFCOM who is a SOCOM armorer. He's been reporting G19.3 MOS and has posted pictures of them.

I agree with you on Trijicon needing to sell the SOCOM issued RMR. Frankly, it's a huge pet peeve of mine when a company gets a contract and doesn't offer a civilian version of their product, even when the "updated civilian version" (IE; nothing like the contract part) is reportedly better. LVAW, SURG, etc... SIG and others brag about these big contracts then refuse to sell a civilian version.
    I've got a buddy in SF that reported 19.3 as well for the MOS pistols they were issued.

I guess I'm surprised they didn't wait to see the Aimpoint offering...

I would love to know whether they tested the new Aimpoint, and selected the RMR over it, or whether the RMR just beat the other stuff available now, which is basically crap for defensive use.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List