Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trijicon RMR wins USSOCOM Handgun Reflex Sight (HRS) Contract

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Naturally the M17/M18 is sized for the Leupold Deltapoint Pro so SOCOM has adopted the Trijicon RMR for the Mk27.

Typical.
    [emoji23][emoji38]🤣[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    I guess I'm surprised they didn't wait to see the Aimpoint offering...
    The Aimpoint has been rumored and hush hush but acknowledged in industry circles fro a while now. I would be surprised if the testers were not at least aware of the Aimpoint.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by tcba_joe View Post
    I guess got the ICE and CBP offerings conflated.

Interesting on the G19.4 MOS. There's a user on ARFCOM who is a SOCOM armorer. He's been reporting G19.3 MOS and has posted pictures of them.

I agree with you on Trijicon needing to sell the SOCOM issued RMR. Frankly, it's a huge pet peeve of mine when a company gets a contract and doesn't offer a civilian version of their product, even when the "updated civilian version" (IE; nothing like the contract part) is reportedly better. LVAW, SURG, etc... SIG and others brag about these big contracts then refuse to sell a civilian version.
    SOCOM originally went to standard gen 3 Glock 19's as their standard handgun 10 or more years ago. The new SOCOM guns are G19 Gen4 MOS. The MOS is only available as a Gen4.

You could well have seen a 19.3 with an optic but it wasn't an MOS. Certain units have been buying aftermarket optics cut slide like the UNITY Tactical for years. They have also been using drop in conversions like the RCS Balor and the Dueck Defense mount. The key is being able to return the gun to original issue condition for turn in / accountability etc. I know of a few units which got "hand Me down" Glock 40 cals and converted then to 9mm and optics via Unity slides.
    Last edited by HCM; 08-16-2018 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    SOCOM originally went to standard gen 3 Glock 19's as their standard handgun 10 or more years ago. The new SOCOM guns are G19 Gen4 MOS. The MOS is only available as a Gen4.

You could well have seen a 19.3 with an optic but it wasn't an MOS. Certain units have been buying aftermarket optics cut slide like the UNITY Tactical for years. They have also been using drop in conversions like the RCS Balor and the Dueck Defense mount. The key is being able to return the gun to original issue condition for turn in / accountability etc. I know of a few units which got "hand Me down" Glock 40 cals and converted then to 9mm and optics via Unity slides.

Gen3 MOS guns do exist in very specific circles.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

I hadn't realized that GEN3 MOS pistols had been made, let alone were in military service, but...

Last edited by JSGlock34; 08-17-2018 at 06:30 AM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I hadn't realized that GEN3 MOS pistols had been made, let alone were in military service, but...

https://www.ar15.com/forums/handguns...es-/13-179518/

Combat_Diver is a SOCOM armorer. From his posts:
    Pistol 9mm Mk26 Mod 0 1005-01-632-2651 = G26 Gen 3 w/night sights
    Pistol 9mm Mk26 Mod 1 1005-01-658-7261 = G26 Gen 4 w/MOS, night sights

Pistol 9mm Mk27 Mod 0 1005-01-632-2097 = G19 Gen 3 w/night sights
    Pistol 9mm Mk27 Mod 1 1005-01-654-2796 = G19 Gen 3 w/MOS, night sights
    Pistol 9mm Mk27 Mod 2 1005-01-658-1930 = G19 Gen 4 w/night sights

G19 Gen 3 may/may not have maritime cups
    G19 Gen 4 has threaded barrel
    Gen 3 MOS (as shown above) obviously exist, they just aren't commercially available.
    Last edited by tcba_joe; 08-17-2018 at 08:01 AM.

I think years of availability and prior service in certain units gave the RMR an edge over a new product with zero history. Kind of odd thinking of Aimpoint as playing catch up when it comes to RDS. The fact that they did NOT go with direct milled application suggests that they understand the limitation of the system is still the optic and gives them the chance to buy something new in a few years. At least if I was doing things, that’s how I would run.

This sucks monkey balls. I was hoping that with the arrival of the Aimpoint, the RMR market would soften and I could get a good deal on a type 2 for my 19X.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by tcba_joe View Post
    https://www.ar15.com/forums/handguns...es-/13-179518/

Combat_Diver is a SOCOM armorer. From his posts:

Gen 3 MOS (as shown above) obviously exist, they just aren't commercially available.
    I stand corrected. Were these built as Gen3 MOS from the factory as a modification to the prior SOCOM contract for Gen 3 G19s or were they Gen 3s retro fitted to MOS like the ATOM slide cuts L&M Precision is now doing on existing pistols?

It just goes to reinforce the idea RDS pistols are the way serious use pistols are going.
    Last edited by HCM; 08-17-2018 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I stand corrected. Were these built as Gen3 MOS from the factory as a modification to the prior SOCOM contract for Gen 3 G19s or were they Gen 3s retro fitted to MOS like the ATOM slide cuts L&M Precision is now doing on existing pistols?

It just goes to reinforce the idea RDS pistols are the way serious use pistols are going.
    I can't tell you, but I got the impression from that thread that these guns were produced in that configuration at the request of SOCOM.

Either way, yeah that was my point. These guns are proof that we're at the beginning of the handgun RDS revolution. About the only handgun you can't mill an RDS mount on is the 92 series (giggles in MHS).

I hope trijicon and aimpoint cracked the code on handgun optic durability. That's definitely an issue still IMO.

My hope for this would have been "one mounting pattern/footprint to rule them all" but it looks like we're going to maintain 2 distinct patterns...

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

User Tag List