Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Glock Gen 5 Trigger Issues Ever Resolved?

My gen 3 had light year better triggers than my gen 4. I even put gen 3 smooth faced triggers in all of them, as well as apex safety plungers with the lighter spring. The worst trigger by far was my g26 gen 4. I dropped in a old oem minus connector and now it has a ridiculous trigger for a glock, like ridiculous I'll never put it in a holster kind because it feels way to light for my taste.

My two gen 4 19s are substantially different in feel even with the exact same parts changed in them. I was curious about the striker assembly from reading forums on here, and sure enough the ones with the "hard wall" "staple gun" type triggers that I cannot cope with anymore have very tight striker and spring assemblies. I even noticed it in my gen 4 g23 extra upper I have which is like brand new. Only thing I haven't tried is swapping uppers on to lowers, which I think I will do right now. My guess is there is something going on with the striker channels, or liners possibly.

My g43 trigger bar started flaking where it pushes up the safety plunger within probably only 200 rounds, and developed that hard wall. By that time I was sick of switching out parts and said screw it and kept on with the trigger bar. Long story short is somehow I beat it into submission and has a pretty decent trigger.

From now on if I stick with a glock which doesn't seem like I will be adding any new versions I will simply dry fire the snot out of it and beat the trigger into submission, or sell it off for parts.

That kinda works sometimes.

I've had several trigger bars do as your 43 did and they eventually get really bad when the metal gets gouged.

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy View Post
    I would never buy another Glock without the breech face cut. You can shoot a Glock with the weakest grip physically possible to shoot it and the cases are ejected at least 5 ft and not at your face. I would wait until the G26.5 with the cut is available. On another note the front serrations are nice for press checks because the coating is slick like the old Gen 3.
    Any idea if the breech face cut will be implemented on Gen 3 or 4 guns or only on Gen 5?

Quote Originally Posted by Talking Monkey View Post
    Any idea if the breech face cut will be implemented on Gen 3 or 4 guns or only on Gen 5?
    Gen5 only. For now at least, no talk of the other Gens
    Last edited by BigT; 08-05-2019 at 09:12 AM.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Quote Originally Posted by flyrodr View Post
    Not a big Glock user, but after hearing about the Gen 5 having better triggers, more consistent ejection and being very accurate, I decided to give one a try. Got the G26 with the Bold Ameriglo sights. Trigger was great, I picked up on the different grip angle pretty quickly, and have been really liking the gun. Have put just under 1,000 rounds through it.

At the end of a range trip yesterday, I noticed the trigger was getting a bit balky. Whereas it had been just rolling smoothly until the shot broke, it started to seem to grab, or catch or hit a tight spot (not sure how to describe it best), and then sort of went on with the smooth roll.

Assumed it had some gunk somewhere, so when I got home I field stripped, cleaned and lubed it. That didn't fix the problem. Saw this thread (https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....Trigger-Issues), so detail stripped it, and saw nothing unusual. No flaking, nothing in the striker channel, no build-up in corners or tight spots.

Re-lubed it, and put a bit of TW-25b where the trigger bar contacts the connector. No appreciable improvement.

So, has anybody found out what's happening? Seems it must be something simple, but escapes me.

Thanks.
    My early blue label 19.5 has a smoking good trigger in it. My blue label 17.5 manufactured around the same time does not have a good trigger. I had another early 17.5 (gave it to my dad) that developed a terrible, gritty, heavy trigger pull around the 5k mark. Cleaned everything and didn't fix it. A combination of a minus connector and a new trigger bar fixed it. A third 17.5 MOS pistol has a trigger somewhere in the middle. That being said all of my Gen 5's have been 100% reliable with stock parts including good ejection.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

User Tag List