Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock Gen 5 Trigger Issues Ever Resolved?

Glock Gen 5 Trigger Issues Ever Resolved?

Not a big Glock user, but after hearing about the Gen 5 having better triggers, more consistent ejection and being very accurate, I decided to give one a try. Got the G26 with the Bold Ameriglo sights. Trigger was great, I picked up on the different grip angle pretty quickly, and have been really liking the gun. Have put just under 1,000 rounds through it.

At the end of a range trip yesterday, I noticed the trigger was getting a bit balky. Whereas it had been just rolling smoothly until the shot broke, it started to seem to grab, or catch or hit a tight spot (not sure how to describe it best), and then sort of went on with the smooth roll.

Assumed it had some gunk somewhere, so when I got home I field stripped, cleaned and lubed it. That didn't fix the problem. Saw this thread (https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....Trigger-Issues), so detail stripped it, and saw nothing unusual. No flaking, nothing in the striker channel, no build-up in corners or tight spots.

Re-lubed it, and put a bit of TW-25b where the trigger bar contacts the connector. No appreciable improvement.

So, has anybody found out what's happening? Seems it must be something simple, but escapes me.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by flyrodr View Post
    Not a big Glock user, but after hearing about the Gen 5 having better triggers, more consistent ejection and being very accurate, I decided to give one a try. Got the G26 with the Bold Ameriglo sights. Trigger was great, I picked up on the different grip angle pretty quickly, and have been really liking the gun. Have put just under 1,000 rounds through it.

At the end of a range trip yesterday, I noticed the trigger was getting a bit balky. Whereas it had been just rolling smoothly until the shot broke, it started to seem to grab, or catch or hit a tight spot (not sure how to describe it best), and then sort of went on with the smooth roll.

Assumed it had some gunk somewhere, so when I got home I field stripped, cleaned and lubed it. That didn't fix the problem. Saw this thread (https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....Trigger-Issues), so detail stripped it, and saw nothing unusual. No flaking, nothing in the striker channel, no build-up in corners or tight spots.

Re-lubed it, and put a bit of TW-25b where the trigger bar contacts the connector. No appreciable improvement.

So, has anybody found out what's happening? Seems it must be something simple, but escapes me.

Thanks.
    Did you thoroughly clean the trigger housing? I have talked to a couple guys that had done this and it helped. I know it was mentioned here as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    Did you thoroughly clean the trigger housing? I have talked to a couple guys that had done this and it helped. I know it was mentioned here as well.
    I did not. Will try that - - - in the morning.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by flyrodr View Post
    I did not. Will try that - - - in the morning.

Thanks!
    My Gen 4 G19 acted like that in less than a thousand rounds. During cleaning I noticed the striker assembly had a LOT more resistance to re-install than normal. Spring looked a little "off" but not dramatically. I replaced the striker spring with another OEM spring and it returned to nice normal. YMMV.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    My Gen 4 G19 acted like that in less than a thousand rounds. During cleaning I noticed the striker assembly had a LOT more resistance to re-install than normal. Spring looked a little "off" but not dramatically. I replaced the striker spring with another OEM spring and it returned to nice normal. YMMV.
    Well now. I was about to go into the trigger housing and see if there was anything obvious there, but (for once) decided to start with the easier thing. Yesterday, when I pulled the striker assembly, and even though there was no gunk or other debris in the channel, the assembly did go in with a bit more force than I was accustomed to with other striker fired pistols. Having little experience with Glocks, though, I didn't think about it too much.

Started there (pulling striker) and it came out without much effort, although certainly not free falling out. Looked it over, didn't see anything (probably because I wasn't sure what I was looking for relative to "off"), and reinserted it. It did seem to go in more freely than it came out. Made me seriously wonder, so I reassembled gun, and trigger was much better, essentially back to the "nice normal" condition it was in when I bought the gun.

Started dry firing, and that catch/drag/whatever came back. So I'm thinking it's time to try another striker spring, just to see.

Thanks.

Could it be a twist in the firing pin spring that is resolved when you disassemble and reassemble?

My Gen 5 17 didn't have the greatest trigger out of the box and felt like heavy roll. I installed a - connector and it felt awful and got real glitchy heavy spot. I found that with a - connector I had developed a burr on the striker lug. I removed the burr and it re-developed the burr almost immediately. I then did a .25 cent trigger job with a dremel and flitz and reinstalled the dot connector. The burr has not developed again and the trigger now feels like a slightly heavy but broke in Gen 3 trigger.

I think on my gun two things are probably an issue, the striker is not hard enough and the combination of the soft metal and slight angle change of the cruciform with a - connector lead to the burr.

I had the SAME issue. A new trigger bar and connector fixed it. Didn't see any kind of flaking on either original part either, so I have no idea what was going on.

Well, I took it apart once more, cleaned out the trigger housing (although it looked OK), and while it was apart, did about 15 cents of the 25-cent trigger job. Looked at the striker assembly again. The spring did look a little crooked on the assembly and wouldn't get any straighter. Lubed and reassembled it, and the trigger is really pretty close to where it was. Think I'll dry fire and shoot it a while and see what happens. If it goes downhill again, I expect I'll try replacing the striker assembly and/or the trigger bar . . . 'cause I'm liking the gun otherwise.

Thanks for the input.

I picked up a NIB Gen5, G19 up here, on Tuesday..I did some horse trading, and picked it up at a very attractive price. I've only had time to shoot 5 mags through it but, I'll say this..this is the 4th g19 I've owned..and so far, it's the only one that did'nt have extraction issues right out of the box, I'm impressed. What I don't understand is why it took Glock so long to resolve this issue.. I was happy with the accuracy..I haven't picked up a Glock and shot one in almost a year, and at the shop where I bought it at's indoor range, I was easily able to rip out the center of a target at about 7 yds.. I don't think it's going to replace my USPc as a EDC anytime soon, but should I decide to go back to a striker fired gun, this will be it..

User Tag List