Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm Screwed: Thanks Wilson Combat!

For me, the Vertec frame points quite a bit different than a regular 92. I thinks folks typically prefer one or the other, but are not ambivalent. Nice that Wilson is giving folks options.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I am new to the Beretta tribe, so please be kind.

I have a Vertec with a G lever, and Langdon/Wilson parts inside it. What is the difference between what I have and the new hotness?

Thanks very much.
    Welcome to the cult...er.....club! Aside from a few branding and cosmetic differences, the main difference will be the inclusion of the brigadier slide instead of the standard vertec slide.

I'm in a simliar boat as you. I have a tan M9a3 with a Langdon Trigger job in it, and a flush but barrel, and it checks all these boxes. Especially since I've determined that I like the standard slide profile's shooting characteristics over the Brig slide. . .
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Wow! That is a nice pistol. Got to love the Berettas and Wilson is doing them right.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - George Orwell -

GO ARMY, BEAT NAVY!!!!

With that price, thank god I'm not a fan of Vertec frames. If this thing was a PROPER 92 compact, I'd be on a ramen diet for a while, however...

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I am new to the Beretta tribe, so please be kind.

I have a Vertec with a G lever, and Langdon/Wilson parts inside it. What is the difference between what I have and the new hotness?

Thanks very much.
    The heavier / thicker brigadier slide will give you a noticeable reduction in felt recoil. I’d say 30% or so if I had to put a number on it.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

I cant shoot the Vertex frame for nothing... and then put a Brig slide on it... Yeah Ill take my LTT Elite Everyday !!
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    The heavier / thicker brigadier slide will give you a noticeable reduction in felt recoil. I’d say 30% or so if I had to put a number on it.
    Respectfully disagree. Don’t really notice a big recoil reduction when shooting my Brig slide guns next to my standard slide 92s...but I do notice the extra sight bounce when tracking the sights while shooting quickly due to the increased slide mass. YMMV but to me I’ll take a standard slide 92 over a Brig slide 92 any day.
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    Respectfully disagree. Don’t really notice a big recoil reduction when shooting my Brig slide guns next to my standard slide 92s...but I do notice the extra sight bounce when tracking the sights while shooting quickly due to the increased slide mass. YMMV but to me I’ll take a standard slide 92 over a Brig slide 92 any day.
    I suppose felt recoil is subjective. I certainly notice it.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Prdator View Post
    I cant shoot the Vertex frame for nothing... and then put a Brig slide on it... Yeah Ill take my LTT Elite Everyday !!
    That amazes me, after watching you center-punch a horse fly dancing on a target. Repeatedly.

I'm definitely sold on the LTT trigger job. Myself and another member here are going to ship a box full of pistols to him in a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Hmmm, interesting. How much harder is it to track down a holster for it?

It is nice scoring used M9 Kydex for cheap prices on the EE.

User Tag List