Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: More than 1,000 Children Allegedly Molested in PA by the Catholic Church

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    The Church has turned as much heat and light on it as it could over the past thirty years........
    As much as it could? Seriously?

Not by a long shot. No.

This is not endemic to the Church........
    Daring to draw equivalencies in the face of a reported THOUSAND victims and 300 perpetrators is..... pretty ballsy.
    Last edited by RoyGBiv; 08-15-2018 at 06:48 AM.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

I don't know what is worse the actual crimes or the cover up. This is just widespread and SO FUCKED UP!

I will NEVER understand how anyone, much less a supposed man of God could molest children.

Priests, Joe Paterno, Bill Cosby, how can anyone be trusted, especially with our children?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    There are elements of the left which are seeking to normalize pedophilia and incest. They are still pretty far on the fringes but they are out there.

https://www.nationalreview.com/human...esley-j-smith/

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/06/o...t-a-crime.html
    Yup. They're operating on the theory that, "If you tell a big enough lie, and keep repeating it, eventually, people will come to believe it." This is how acceptence for any bad idea is started. They'll get some folks in Hollywood to start joking about it, and later on, find some university professor who will publicly state that being a pedo, is "healthy, and normal", or as it says in one of the above articles it's a "orientation" from there simply rinse and repeat...It'll take about 30yrs or so, and with collages turning out brainwashed minions, who are unable to think on a critical level, and who often have difficulty telling right from wrong, especially on a moral level, Acceptence is, just a matter of time... That, in a nutshell, is the whole idea...
    Last edited by ralph; 08-15-2018 at 07:26 AM.

There has been a lot of abuse perpetrated by members of the Catholic hierarchy, and covered up by other elements of the hierarchy. That is a tragedy. It is deep seated and hard to address.
    What you describe is not a tragedy, it is an institutionalized criminal conspiracy that cares far about its cultish existence than the welfare of the children of its followers.

You don’t rationalize the situation. You can’t incrementally ‘self-fix’ such organizations. If you think this is an effective or appropriate strategy then you are simply being an enabler and frankly part of the problem.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    As much as it could? Seriously?

Not by a long shot. No.
    I'm Catholic and I'm not leaving the Church, and you're correct. What I believe JAD is referring to is that in the wake of the early 2000s scandals there have been a number of changes in an attempt to prevent abuse from happening, or in what happens when it is reported. If you're not Catholic, or even if you are, and you don't have contact with minors, the elderly, or other at-risk populations, chances are you'd never know about any of it.

Has the Church done everything it could in regard to old cases? If the grand jury report is any indication, no, it has not.

Comparisons to abuse by other persons affiliated with other organizations is irrelevant, and does not lessen the awful nature of what happened in these cases.

If people want to tar all Catholics, or all members of organized religions, with the crimes of some, they are certainly free to do so.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

I think Christopher Titus offered a viable solution: Pedophile Crucifixions

Last edited by HCountyGuy; 08-15-2018 at 07:25 AM. Reason: Different video that doesn’t repeat itself
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    Are you suggesting The NY Times is a “fringe” element?
    I am asking if you own the Nazis in the ranks of the Right.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Has the Church done everything it could in regard to old cases? If the grand jury report is any indication, no, it has not.

Comparisons to abuse by other persons affiliated with other organizations is irrelevant, and does not lessen the awful nature of what happened in these cases.

If people want to tar all Catholics, or all members of organized religions, with the crimes of some, they are certainly free to do so.
    I'm not trying to tar all Catholics. I was, however, repulsed by the attempt at equivalency.

The notion that the Church has done "as much as it could" (paraphrasing) is ridiculous on its face.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Some days I can't tell if this is Pistol-forum or ARFCOM or Democratic Underground.

I will just grab some popcorn.
    Last edited by Peally; 08-15-2018 at 07:51 AM.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

There is lots of evidence that the catholic church was specifically targeted by Joseph Stalin in the 20's & 30's. Bella Dodd, a Communist agent with the American Communist Party from 1927–49 recruited some 1,100 young men that had neither faith nor morals, the ideal cases: homosexual for placement in seminaries.

Eleven hundred Communist plants who were homosexual over the space of roughly 20 years could create massive chaos in the Church by the time they would "mature" in their priesthoods. Of 1,100 men, surely a good number would have advanced to bishops, archbishops and even cardinals. Their primary role would have been to recruit the next generation of men for the seminaries, in other words, the men who were sitting in seminaries in the United States in the 1960s and 1970s and being ordained in that time frame.

User Tag List