Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: More than 1,000 Children Allegedly Molested in PA by the Catholic Church

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I regard myself as being progressive (especially by P-F standards). I have friends and family that range from slightly progressive to flaming liberal (and a few Trumpers). None regard pedophilia as being “normal”.

So, please, feel free to take a long walk on a short pier.
    Regardless of what you have experienced in your personal circles there are organized movements to normalize pedophilia and incest within parts of the progressive left. Even in progressive circles it's not mainstream enough to be part of Bernie's campaign platform in 2020, but it is a real movement.

The campaign to normalize pedophilia is a bit further along in the UK than here in the US but still not mainstream yet.

Site Supporter
    My wife is Catholic, but not I. I had intended to convert. I did not because of the problems mentioned here. My wife hates what has been taking place. The only solution is ending institutionalized cover up. I do know that in the local churches priests do not mention the problem. Church members do not mention it. Until discussions occur, I see little hope.

I taught school for 30 years and saw many examples of teachers sexually abusing kids. In the old days schools did not press charges because they did not want bad publicity. Also I saw the same perversions carried out by clergy and staff in various other churches. I observed such in juvenile centers and in adult correctional settings. I should have said that I learned about these events after they happened.

I wish to make two points. One is that nothing that people do surprises me. And this statement includes person that I respect. The other point is that allowing children to be alone with adults not belonging to the family circle is a risk. Sadly, some relatives may be suspect.

I'm supposed to be well read. Other than pedophiles themselves, no group--conservative, progressive, or liberal--attempts to justify pedophilia. Whereas I would enjoy throwing the switch of the electric chair sat in by such persons, some may advocate treatment, which in these cases is a waste of time. I have two law enforcement type fantasies. One is being an old school beat cop who carries a big stick but never has to use his gun. The other is being hired to hunt down pedophiles running from the law.
    Last edited by willie; 08-15-2018 at 12:23 AM.

Site Supporter
    Here's the report:http://media-downloads.pacourts.us/I...s.pdf?cb=32148

It's not an indictment, since the statute of limitations have generally run. Also, the names of some of the accused have been redacted.

Some clergy members challenging the report say they are wrongfully accused and are fighting to challenge the allegations against them. The identities of those clergy members remain under court seal, and the state's high court plans to consider oral arguments on their claims in September.

In the meantime, the justices ordered the release of the report with redactions that conceal the identities of the clergy members who filed legal challenges.

https://www.wtae.com/article/pa-supr...lergy/22727485

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    There are elements of the left which are seeking to normalize pedophilia and incest. They are still pretty far on the fringes but they are out there.

https://www.nationalreview.com/human...esley-j-smith/

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/06/o...t-a-crime.html
    Let’s not get distracted by facts now........
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

If Fringes get to define political movements now.....then politics is pretty meaningless.

I'll refrain from the internet past time of attempting to score cheap political points cause....yeah.

*Tried to just delete this post, cause political arguments aren't my thing. But could not figure out how, so will just leave it up.
    Last edited by Otaku.edc; 08-15-2018 at 03:04 AM.

Site Supporter
    This is what God meant by not using his name in vain. People who do evil in the name of God are the worst kind of human.

I'm Catholic, but I'm disturbed by the church. My home church has a married priest (one of the few in the US) and there are a lot of good clergy. Sadly the left has gained influence in the church and corrupted it all over again. We have a leftist as pope who recently went against the Bible by saying the death penalty should not be used. Many in the Church more worried about social justice, global warming, and other goof ball OCD type fears than what really matters.

There is sin, there is evil, and then there is Satanic levels of evil. This report reflects the latter. I'm ashamed as a Catholic and as an American.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    There are elements of the left which are seeking to normalize pedophilia and incest. They are still pretty far on the fringes but they are out there.

https://www.nationalreview.com/human...esley-j-smith/

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/06/o...t-a-crime.html
    On the fringes of the right, there are people who want to bring back the gas chambers and others who long for the days of chattel slavery. Some have managed to rebrand themselves from “Nazi” to “alt-right”.

So do you own the Nazis in your ranks?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

"You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Are you suggesting The NY Times is a “fringe” element?
    Last edited by Odin Bravo One; 08-15-2018 at 06:00 AM.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

There has been a lot of abuse perpetrated by members of the Catholic hierarchy, and covered up by other elements of the hierarchy. That is a tragedy. It is deep seated and hard to address. The Church has turned as much heat and light on it as it could over the past thirty years and will have to continue to do so, and as long as it does it will continue to uncover more abuse. The Church has led the development of programs to combat the issue, like the extensive training and rigorous policies that are now in place and have been for a decade or two. Those programs have become the model for other organizations like public schools and the BSA.

This is not endemic to the Church. Any institution that cares for children faces this issue. Every other institution I can name — public schools, the BSA — faces the issue at a much higher level of incidence (I have put cites down in earlier posts). You don’t hear about that because the secular media and government don’t loathe anything in the world as much as they do the Church.

If you’re going to boycott Catholic institutions over this you need to boycott public schools, doctors, hospitals, juvenile correction facilities, and every other institution that’s ever been charged with caring for children.

What parish was Larry Nasser the priest of?

Was it an archbishop who covered for Jerry Sandusky?

The hit piece posted by Sensei isn’t news, it’s a screed written by a bigot. There will be a lot of them in the coming days. It’s ultimately good; it will make the Church cleaner and stronger, and should encourage discussion of some important issues. It won’t make anyone who was abused better, but it will help prevent abuse in the future.

Today is a holy day of obligation, the solemnity of Mary’s assumption. I’ll go to Mass and pray, for the victims and the perpetrators, for the Church and her mortal enemies, for myself and for each of you. Mary’s assumption is part of the mystery of her sinlessness. She’s the only mortal who has ever been thus. The rest of us are deeply flawed. Peter, who for us Catholics /is/ the Church, denied his Savior repeatedly. Christ still made him the boss.
    Ignore Alien Orders

User Tag List