Thread: Richard Overton, RIP

Richard Overton, RIP

Nation's oldest living veteran Richard Overton dies in Austin at age 112

AUSTIN, Texas (FOX 7 Austin) - The nation’s oldest living veteran, Richard Overton, has died in a rehab facility in Austin, Texas. He was 112 years old.

Overton was born near Bastrop in 1906 and served in the army for three years during World War II. He spent the majority of his life in Austin and was often seen on the porch of his home, which he built in East Austin in 1945.

He gave credit to God for his longevity, but he always said cigars and whiskey helped.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

He gave credit to God for his longevity, but he always said cigars and whiskey helped.
    A man after my own heart.

Thank you for your service sir. RIP.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Name:  9645E22D-C4E3-4BA6-A606-0DF77AA1B0C3.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  36.4 KB
    “The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves.” Machiavelli, The Prince

Dammit

There was a short video on being happy he did at 109 I think. That’s where I first heard of him. Great video if anyone has seen it
    Last edited by Duke; 12-28-2018 at 09:35 AM.

User Tag List