Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940

Thread: More than 1,000 Children Allegedly Molested in PA by the Catholic Church

Site Supporter
    Dear Pope Francis
    There isn’t a week that goes by without some kind of declaration from you condemning western civilization for some ill somewhere. Climate change, income inequality, health care, you name it and you’ve weighed in on it, and always on the left. No offense, and don’t take this the wrong way, but riding a bike to lower your “carbon footprint” never saved anyone’s soul.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    That’s a good open letter.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Off topic I guess, but if you believe future generations of human beings will have souls that need to saved, riding a bike might actually do more compounded than much of anything the letter writer or the Pope could do.

Tyler Cowen’s STUBBORN ATTACHMENTS might make for interesting reading.

Just a thought, apologies for the digression from the thread topic.
    “The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves.” Machiavelli, The Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Otaku.edc View Post
    Off topic I guess, but if you believe future generations of human beings will have souls that need to saved, riding a bike might actually do more compounded than much of anything the letter writer or the Pope could do.
    Well, all things considered I guess it's better to have a sore ass from riding a bike. Just saying.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Well, all things considered I guess it's better to have a sore ass from riding a bike. Just saying.
    You owe me a mouthfull of hot toddy, buddy.

PS.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...a-following-r/
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    You owe me a mouthfull of hot toddy, buddy.

PS.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...a-following-r/
    Sorry, brother. (Kinda sorta.) Happy to repay the debt.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

I don’t disagree with him but if he is a Catholic he isn’t following too closely. The thing to bitch about with Francis is neither his climate stuff, which he hasn’t talked about for years, nor his social justice position. It’s his detachment from the needs of the US part of the church, and the possibly willful ignorance of a central issue in this fiasco.

Francis is now actively estranging himself from the US bishops, who are trying fairly hard to unknot the mess and are being told to sit down and shut up by the Vatican. It is going to stay awkward at least until February.

He had been making a real effort to back the SJ leg of the US in their attempts to deflect attention from the lavender mafia, but he appears to be bailing out on them.

At the parish level attendance is up and more importantly confession lines are long.
    Ignore Alien Orders

User Tag List