Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: More than 1,000 Children Allegedly Molested in PA by the Catholic Church

That’s a great suggestion @Baldanders, but if child molestation is implicitly or explicitly encouraged by an organization, rules won’t be effective.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    That’s a great suggestion @Baldanders, but if child molestation is implicitly or explicitly encouraged by an organization, rules won’t be effective.
    How seriously an organization follows such rules is a pretty good barometer of their seriousness with protecting children.

I didn't really intend my second rant as guidelines for improving the Catholic Church, more as a PSA for PFers who want to gauge how well an organization is protecting kids. And if you might want to get them the hell out of Dodge.

Please don't depend on good people to keep your kids safe. Depend on good rules and stict obedience to them.

This is a bit of a personal thing for me, for various reasons I'm not getting into. I'll just say I know a few "fathers" who could use an intracranial lead injection to cure their specific issue....

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    There is lots of evidence that the catholic church was specifically targeted by Joseph Stalin in the 20's & 30's. Bella Dodd, a Communist agent with the American Communist Party from 1927–49 recruited some 1,100 young men that had neither faith nor morals, the ideal cases: homosexual for placement in seminaries.

Eleven hundred Communist plants who were homosexual over the space of roughly 20 years could create massive chaos in the Church by the time they would "mature" in their priesthoods. Of 1,100 men, surely a good number would have advanced to bishops, archbishops and even cardinals. Their primary role would have been to recruit the next generation of men for the seminaries, in other words, the men who were sitting in seminaries in the United States in the 1960s and 1970s and being ordained in that time frame.

Bingo!

“We” don’t wish to own jack!

And that’s the core of the issue.

Well, I drank the Kool-Aid. Us Americans are supposed to be upstanding, honest, hardworking and hard-fighting (if and only if called to it). We stand for Liberty & Justice. Yet we enslaved the Blacks, Irish, committed genocide on the Natives and took the land by force and robbed the Mexican Republic - not Mexico - of their land.

Yet the ideals stand above all other nations that I’m aware of so I own it all: screwed up “War on Terror” and everything else dark these “leaders” do. I speak out about what I recognize as wrong.

I’m not growling at you but someone was asking about owning the Nazis. Why should I? The Nazis were leftist. But I’ll admire this about them: they were the only government to fly at the throat with intent to destroy Communism. That’s something WE should be doing. But I digress deeply.

Check out the history of organized religion (Christianity, Talmudic Judaism and Islam) and you’ll find various levels of SHIT. And you’ll be very much gobsmacked when it comes to pedophilia. Do a web search.

I was raised Catholic (Louisiana) but I don’t claim it. When people ask I answer, “I was raised...”

I have no need for organized religion. God was scribed into our hearts upon birth and we’ve been pulled astray ever since.

But if someone “needs” it, fine.

Oh, search the Catholic Church and it’s behavior in the New World or outside of Europe. If you study history you become much more level-headed - I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Good commentary by Ben Shapiro in the first part of the program.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    All of his suggestions are things that have been implemented by the American Church at all levels, starting quite a while ago, in a program that became the model for how public schools, other churches, and organizations like the BSA deal with the issue.

In what way do you feel the Church implicitly encourages child molestation?
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    All of his suggestions are things that have been implemented by the American Church at all levels, starting quite a while ago, in a program that became the model for how public schools, other churches, and organizations like the BSA deal with the issue.

By failing to immediately, unequivocally and decisively deal with the issue, each and every time it came up.

By prioritizing the welfare of the molesters over the welfare of the children, moving predatory priests to fertile new hunting grounds where they can “sin” again.

By having a culture of being more concerned about protecting the church and its leadership than doing the right thing - theoretically their primary mission.

Shall I go on?

Why restrict to the American church? Is this behavior more acceptable outside the US?

Oh, but it’s all better now... Sure it is... I’ll bet you’ve never tried to change a large, long-lived organization’s culture, have you? Cultures are surprisingly durable and resistant to change, as many a CEO has discovered.
    Last edited by GuanoLoco; 08-16-2018 at 07:35 AM.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

At least from my perspective in South America, I have to agree with Guano...

But change is slowly coming, sadly not from above, but from the bottom and an entire society that won't tolerate these things any more. In the past the Catholic Church was very influential politically in some countries, nowadays much less.

Here we don't have as many cases (percentually) of chid abuse/molestation, but many cases of improper sexual conduct.
    Last edited by TiroFijo; 08-16-2018 at 08:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post

Implicit encouragement is given when the Church does things like:
    1) hids molester priests for law enforcement by quickly transferring the accused out of the jurisdiction
    2) brings pressure to bear on local prosecutors to drop credible cases
    3) repeatedly exposes children to priests known to have molested in the past
    4) goes on ridiculous PR campaigns suggesting that the accused priests not be scapegoated

I could go on but you should get the picture - all of those actions encourage rather than deter this nightmare
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    By failing to immediately, unequivocally and decisively deal with the issue, each and every time it came up.

By prioritizing the welfare of the molesters over the welfare of the children, moving predatory priests to fertile new hunting grounds where they can “sin” again.

By having a culture of being more concerned about protecting the church and its leadership than doing the right thing - theoretically their primary mission.

Shall I go on?

Why restrict to the American church? Is this behavior more acceptable outside the US?

Oh, but it’s all better now... Sure it is... I’ll bet you’ve never tried to change a large, long-lived organization’s culture, have you? Cultures are surprisingly durable and resistant to change, as many a CEO has discovered.
    Since this story broke, I noticed the same name cropping up in various stories - St. Luke’s Institute

This seems to be the place that the Catholic Church created to hide its most egregious offenders from prosecution under the guise of treatment. It has a colorful leadership history beginning with its founder, a priest, who died of AIDS back in the 80s (something tells me it was not a blood transfusion that did him in). More recently, a director was incarcerated for financial and sexual improprieties. Anyway, this is the “treatment facility” where molestors go to get rubber stamped before returning to child supervision duties within the Church; many of the most egregious stories involve priests who spent time at this facility before committing their crimes. It seems that having “a good prayer life” is a key component to recovery in the institute’s eyes.

Does ISIS take requests?
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

The Catholic church has repeatedly engaged in heinous child abuse behavior either covering it up or committing them-as have other religions, denominations, schools, police organizations, courts, child protective services,

little league teams, the NFL, universities, mothers, fathers, uncles, aunts and every other type of individual predator. regardless of race, creed or color.

The internet seems to have unionized the lot. It's hard to tell if it is getting worse or if it's being reported and prosecuted more often. Personally I think the widespread nature of it is being revealed.

At this point, I think the consequences should be severe to the individual and to the everyone who had culpable knowledge, including organizations.

Severe to the point of brutality.

User Tag List