Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Another vehicular terrorist attack in London

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    Can someone please provide the link to the loss of life? I’ve yet to find that in any report from any source.
    https://www.newsweek.com/london-parl...rashes-1071235

Several people were injured in the crash, although no one is believed to be in a life-threatening condition.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Well, I mean, if you live in London you don’t really need a car so you might as well just take those all away too. #endcarviolence #thinkofthechildren

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy
    They are already doing that - https://www.express.co.uk/life-style...n-UK-2018-fine

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Is this really what we've become? A bunch of smug assholes who scoff at the misfortune of others?

I may not want to live in London or the UK, but when I was there on a case I was treated as family by colleagues, and very well by the people we met along the way.

Hard for me to get snarky about injuries or the loss of innocent life.
    These things are frustrating, genuinely, frustrating. Particularly, when one feels that there are solutions which are not being implemented by those in charge. I don't want to be "smug" about people dying. But I also want to point out that multiple solutions have been floated to the people of London and the UK over the years and the vast majority have been smugly refused. So, I understand if some folks take a moment of schadenfreude from incidents like this.

Unfortunately, these things have become all too common globally, that many (myself included) find it difficult to gnash teeth or clamp hands about them, unless we know someone personally affected. I'd like to mourn every death of those who are innocent victims of violence, but if I did so, I'd be paralyzed with grief. A moment of silence can be an appropriate remembrance. For some humor, whether we like it or not is a coping mechanism in the face of death, destruction, and loss.

(Guess I'm just a hothouse flower.)
    You're no daisy...you're just a little high strung is all...

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    So...instead of mandating car manufacturers to build electric cars exclusively and building in better infrastructure to support them, they’re just going to fine the ever loving crap out of their subjects? Seems legit....

Site Supporter
    They should listen to one of their own, Douglas Murray.

Site Supporter
    So...instead of mandating car manufacturers to build electric cars exclusively and building in better infrastructure to support them, they’re just going to fine the ever loving crap out of their subjects? Seems legit....

Electric hasn't won the tech war yet. #HydrogenFTW
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    They are already doing that - https://www.express.co.uk/life-style...n-UK-2018-fine

These things are frustrating, genuinely, frustrating. Particularly, when one feels that there are solutions which are not being implemented by those in charge. I don't want to be "smug" about people dying. But I also want to point out that multiple solutions have been floated to the people of London and the UK over the years and the vast majority have been smugly refused. So, I understand if some folks take a moment of schadenfreude from incidents like this.

Unfortunately, these things have become all too common globally, that many (myself included) find it difficult to gnash teeth or clamp hands about them, unless we know someone personally affected. I'd like to mourn every death of those who are innocent victims of violence, but if I did so, I'd be paralyzed with grief. A moment of silence can be an appropriate remembrance. For some humor, whether we like it or not is a coping mechanism in the face of death, destruction, and loss.

You're no daisy...you're just a little high strung is all...
    ...and my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

I guess there's some Brit posting about the goings on in Chicago so...

...pardon my interruption.

I'll go stand in the corner if I can get off this damned high horse I found myself atop. (Trust me, I was admonishing myself as much as anyone else.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

they’re just going to fine the ever loving crap out of their subjects? Seems legit....
    I seem to remember them doing that in the past.
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Just making sure since “loss of life” is a recurring phrase being used in this thread. But....... let’s not allow facts to get in the way of feelings.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    Just making sure since “loss of life” is a recurring phrase being used in this thread. But....... let’s not allow facts to get in the way of feelings.
    If you're referring to my post, Sean, I did say:

injuries or the loss of innocent life
    But I take your point. It's okay to use snark and make fun of those who were merely maimed.

(I'm just busting your balls. I didn't mean to come across as "holier than thou"...which I certainly am not. Mea culpa.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

It’s several places....... I was addressing it in a general sense because it does bear relevance on aspects of the discussion
    Last edited by Odin Bravo One; 08-14-2018 at 03:07 PM.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

User Tag List