Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Another vehicular terrorist attack in London

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post

You can only do stupid shit, and get stupid results so many times before your monkeys and your circus are nothing more than a warning to others of what lies ahead when you wish your way out of problems.
    #truthfromonhigh

I will steal this for use in the future.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    ^^ yeah... definitely tag line material.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    A Ford Fiesta? Isn’t that a bit like going on a shooting rampage with a Jennings/Raven/Phoenix .25acp or a Lorcin .380?
    LOL. It’s official. You win the Internet today.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Electric hasn't won the tech war yet. #HydrogenFTW
    <Tasteless Joke>

At least when they drive those cars into Parliament they can accomplish what Guy Fawkes didn’t...

<\Tasteless Joke>

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    ...and my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

I guess there's some Brit posting about the goings on in Chicago so...

...pardon my interruption.

I'll go stand in the corner if I can get off this damned high horse I found myself atop. (Trust me, I was admonishing myself as much as anyone else.)
    Pish-posh, my hypocrisy probably runs deeper.. I feel you and we all have those days where someone says something that creeps under our skin. I might have had one of those yesterday, in some thread about refugees...

As for Brits commenting about Chicago...I mean they have plenty to work with...
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 08-14-2018 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    A Ford Fiesta? Isn’t that a bit like going on a shooting rampage with a Jennings/Raven/Phoenix .25acp or a Lorcin .380?
    Based on watching many, many episodes of Top Gear (the good, i.e., Jezza, Hamster and Captain Slow, years) most Londoners seem to be driving Fiat 500s, s a Ford Fiesta -- and Mrs. Drang has one in the same Zombie Apocalypse green as the one which Jezza used in that amphibious assault by the Royal Marines -- is about average, if not slightly on the large size.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Based on watching many, many episodes of Top Gear (the good, i.e., Jezza, Hamster and Captain Slow, years) most Londoners seem to be driving Fiat 500s, s a Ford Fiesta -- and Mrs. Drang has one in the same Zombie Apocalypse green as the one which Jezza used in that amphibious assault by the Royal Marines -- is about average, if not slightly on the large size.
    This is true. The typical car in the UK, not just London, is pretty small compared to what we'd drive around normally. Every time I caught a ride with a coworker over there (I've been 3 times and am going again in Sept), the cars were small hatchbacks.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    This is true. The typical car in the UK, not just London, is pretty small compared to what we'd drive around normally. Every time I caught a ride with a coworker over there (I've been 3 times and am going again in Sept), the cars were small hatchbacks.

Chris
    Yeah, it’s pretty ridiculous how large our vehicles are by general comparison. Cramped urban areas and tiny roads making owning something like a full sized pickup in 2018 somewhat comical over there.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Yeah, it’s pretty ridiculous how large our vehicles are by general comparison. Cramped urban areas and tiny roads making owning something like a full sized pickup in 2018 somewhat comical over there.
    The roads even in the less crowded towns are tiny. Some that have two lanes officially are closer to one lane and folks have to take turns passing in opposite directions.

Chris

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    The roads even in the less crowded towns are tiny. Some that have two lanes officially are closer to one lane and folks have to take turns passing in opposite directions.

Chris
    And the hedgerows! It's like driving in a maze.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

User Tag List